In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

SPEER 90 GR BULLET

j3081j3081 Member Posts: 332 ✭✭✭
HEY GUYS,,,I CAN GET A LOAD OF SPEER 90 GRAIN SPITZERS IN 243 CALIBER FOR CHEAP,BUT DON'T KNOW HOW THEY WILL SHOOT OUT OF MY RUGER 77V,,,ANYBODY SHOOT THIS BULLET FROM THIS GUN,AND CAN ANYBODY TELL ME THE TWIST RATE OF THIS BARREL,,,THANKS,,,JOE[:)][:)][:)]

Comments

• Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    The rate of twist on Ruger .243s is 1:9" RH.

While I have not shot the 90gr. bullets out of a Ruger, I have shot them in my Tikka which has a 1:10" twist rate. They shoot fine from that barrel, so they should be fine in your Ruger.
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    From the research I've been doing and information I've gotten (given the twist rate is a 1:9) those 90's should prove just fine. You might be able to let some Clinch River 107gr VLD's fly and get some great groups.

I shoot a 1:9.25" and will be loading anything from 75 grainers up to and trying the 107gr VLD's.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    j3081,

Both twist rate and quality of bullet will do just fine. If you can get a load of them DO stock up and get them. If not TELL ME where they are and I will stock up on them.

That is about the perfect size for a .243, 80-95 gr. bullets. Speer runs as good of quality as any other bullet brand you can find on the shelf.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    good luck finding or keeping any Clinch River pills around,..I gave up on them.

a 1:9 will spin anything but the very longest 6mm pills.