In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

My loadin'/gun bench

SCorversSCorvers Member Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
Took over my pool room and have made it the FAC (Female Avoidance Center). The Center is equipped with 200 watts of stereo, 32" console Tv (for watchin' football and PS2), 1/2 bath for meditation sessions, ans a wet bar that I cannot keep fully stocked. Italin tile graces the floor. Future plans call for the addition of a card table as soon as one can be located.
The loadin' bench is constructed of a 2x4 frame. The counter top is 3 2x10's. Tatal lencth is 8 ft. It is accesorized with an RCBS RockChucker 2 and Dillon 450L.

reloadinbench.jpg

Comments

• Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    looks very workable, nice looking set-up[;)]
  • Options
    375H&H375H&H Member Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I see many many hours of " Quality Time " in your future [:)]
  • Options
    stargazerstargazer Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm proud of this one even though it ain't a good looker. It started with 3 sheets of rescued 3/8" plywood from an alley that I pulled from a dumpster. Nailed them all together to make a laminated plywood top. The bottom frame is all 2x4's and it all bolts together with carriage bolts and nuts and washers. At the time of construction I was an apartment dweller so it had to come apart. It has served me well for over 20 years now! The grenade storage boxes turned sideways and I installed plywood cleats on the sides to make shelves. Almost all of my reloading gear will fit into these two boxes so the setup is portable if need be. [:)]

bench1.jpg
  • Options
    I.ShuteI.Shute Member Posts: 647
    edited November -1
    It's not big enough for the equipment you'll eventually have.
  • Options
    SCorversSCorvers Member Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Finally got use mine this weekend. Man it's nice being in the A/C.[:D]
  • Options
    codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    I was told I needed much more clutter so I went from this....

Bench4.jpg

To this....

Bench6.jpg
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    All you guys with your 'focused' area astound me. I don't have room for it all in one place. Plus I can't seem to avoid clutter that goes along with it.....I'd be embarrased to show pics of my setup.
  • Options
    codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    Hey-I was told I needed more clutter! So-compliments of a friend-I now have 230lbs of lead and about 10,000 rounds of brass I need to sort,count and clean.

Took 10 days, working every night, to get it sorted.
  • Options
    jayteejaytee Member Posts: 62 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thats a good friend!!
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    jonk

I wouldn't be so embarrased as I would probably held in contempt! I have shelves and dresser spilling with bullets and tools in the bedroom, Shelves completely loaded with dies and bullets next to the bench. One end of the bench is a clutter of Powder cans (at least 30#)and I work in a 2'x2' area with a table behind me with gun cleaning stuff and more boxes of bullets. I have to sit sideways to get the ram to come all the way down. DON"T EVER LET YOUR FAMILY USE YOUR AREA AS 'STORAGE'! You won't get it back peacefully.