In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

IMPENDING PRICE INCREASES !!!

nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
To: All Remington Ammunition Customers

The unrelenting escalation in the global price of key metals - most notably lead - that are used in ammunition manufacture has forced us to make the difficult, but necessary, decision to once again pass along these unavoidable costs in the form of a 4th quarter price increase.

Effective with shipments commencing October 1, 2007, the following increases will be implemented for the product categories listed below and will apply to all channels of trade.

All Promotional Shotshell Loads (including Shurshot) 15.0%
All Shotshell Target Loads 15.0%
All Other Lead Shotshells 10.0%
All Promotional 22 Rimfire Ammunition 15.0%
All Other Rimfire Ammunition (including 22 Magnum & 17HMR) 10.0%
All UMC P&R Ammunition 5.0%
All UMC Rifle Ammunition 15.0%
All Remington Brand Centerfire Ammunition (including Premier) 5.0%
Component Bullets 10.0%
All other Ammunition Components 5.0%

In order to assist you with your business planning a revised package of Remington Ammunition Programs and Price Lists will be made available to you by July 16th.

As further guidance, based on our current assessment of metals pricing for the reminder of 2007, we anticipate the need to implement an additional 12% across the board increase on all ammunition and components effective January 1, 2008. This projection could be impacted significantly by unforeseen swings in metals costs - either up or down - which would require us to reassess our outlook.

We appreciate your understanding concerning the necessity of our decision and would like to thank you for your continued support of Remington Ammunition during these extraordinary times.

Sincerely,

John M.(Sean) Dwyer
Vice President - Marketing and Sales

WINCHESTER AMMUNITION

TO: All Winchester Ammunition Customers

During the past several years our industry has experienced a dramatic escalation of raw material costs used in the manufacture and transportation of ammunition. This trend continues on several of the key ammunition manufacturing raw materials, particularly lead. Additional price increases will be necessary to cover a portion of these unprecedented costs.

We fully understand the complexity of implementing in-season price increases and appreciate your cooperation. Due to continued escalating raw material costs, it will be necessary for us to implement a price increase on all shipments of ammunition and components within all trade channels. Projected increases as listed below will be effective on all shipments beginning September 1, 2007:

Lead Shotshells 15%
Steel Shotshells 10%
Centerfire Rifle 15%
Centerfire Handgun 12%
Rimfire 15%
Component Bullets 10%
Component Shellcases, Primers and Wads 5%
Lead Shot Call for Quote

Winchester will issue revised price lists and programs with symbol level detail in the next few weeks for your planning purposes. There may be some symbol specific exceptions to the percentage increases listed above.

We appreciate your understanding of this difficult decision and your continued support of Winchester Ammunition.

Sincerely,

Brett A. Flaugher
Vice President, Sales and Marketing

Comments

• b00merb00mer Member Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Reloading supplies are going up the same amount!
  • codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    Got 230+lbs of lead on the shelf-wonder if I should sell?
  • SCorversSCorvers Member Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And I've been questioned about my hoarding.
  • dclocodcloco Member Posts: 2,967
    edited November -1
    I received 8000 55 gr SP bullets on Thursday....and I shoot two bolt action 223's!!
  • b00merb00mer Member Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    even more reson to cast your own and pickup range brass !
  • bgjohnbgjohn Member Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Time to stock up. Primers have already gone up a lot.
    JM
  • OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by b00mer
    even more reson to cast your own and pickup range brass !

+1

I even started to pick up shot from the fall zone and the lead out of the backstops, got 800lbs of lead projectils I am going to be melting down soon. alot of guys here are cutting way back almost to the point of quiting it's getting so exspensive
  • campcook51campcook51 Member Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was in a place called "Guns, Fishing and other stuff" (retail store in Vacaville Ca.) today, manager was walking the ammo aisle
    explaining how he wanted one of the sales guys to use the 'heat gun' to remove the old price labels, and the other salesrep was to work over the 'new' pricing from Remington and Winchester to ensure the
    margins stayed the same...
    I've just started reloading, asked them for a .223 Remington die set.."sorry, out of stock"...arrgghh[:(]
  • joesjoes Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is another way of getting rid of guns- raise the price of primers, powders and the metal market. They find it diffcult to ban guns so they will over price the bullets and all items needed to load, making the guns useless because of the cost to shoot. This same practice is being seen in the cigerette industry. The price per pack in N.Y. is over $8.00 a pack. Don't ban it, just tax the hell out of it! Hey goverment leave my guns(and bullets) alone!