In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Reloading Tools, Gadgets+Gotta Haves

campcook51campcook51 Member Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
Looking to the seasoned veterans here for some divine guidance.

Just started reloading for .223 and .270 Win. I have a threesome
of RCBS junior presses (will reload soon for .45acp & .44mag)
Rifle dies, powder thrower, 2 scales, trickler, brushes and chamfer tool.
I still need flash hole de-burr tools and primer pocket cleaner/reamer.
All my brass has been fire formed in my rifles, and fired once (factory rounds). I'm looking forward to case trimming, however, do I go with a RCBS Trim pro (and not worry about the inside of the
case necks) or go with the trim pro and the 3-way case cutters?
Most of my .223 work is on varmits(Howa w/bull barrell)the .270 (Ruger M77) will be for pigs and blacktails for the most part.
Your opinions please! What works for your set up?

Comments

• Options
    SCorversSCorvers Member Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lee trimmer with the pilot. A hole lot simpler and easier and cheaper. Cases need not be trimmed at every loading unlees you are an * type of person who likes wearing out brass prematurely.
    Excessive trimming weakens/thins the neck. Just check it to make sure it's within tolerances and trim as needed. After the first firing, trim all cases to the same size an let'er rip.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Try Lyman or Hornady for your primer pocket reamers, unless you want ones for power tools. I have the Lyman for both sizes, they have a wood handle and cut very fast.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The three way cutter is nice, but I use the hand held tools. One for normal bullets and one for VLD bullets. It takes only seconds to do each case.

I use the trim pro with the power attachment so I can debur and chamfor a case while the next case is being trimmed simultaneaously.

primer pocket tools,..I use sinclair with the power driver attachment for a drill.