In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Military rifle match with an H&K G3

lfi guylfi guy Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
I shot a military rifle match today with an H&K 91 clone. I did better in practice, a couple of days before, than during the match. Sound familiar? I had some markings on the sight to adjust the horizontal point of impact. Needed to adjust for rapid fire in the sitting position. Normally, I use an M1A. The results weren't too bad. The range was 100yds.
My best score with the rifle was rapid prone, I scored 90. Usually, I can get 95-97 with the M1A. The G3 hung up on rapid fire using the more robust steel bodied magazines. The cheaper aluminum ones worked flawlessly. Those would be my recommendation for purchase.
It's hard to shoot, because of the short stock- can't extend it for a match. Your cheek can get quite sore. Still, it was fun, plus I didn't have to reload, like I do for the M1a. It is an accurate piece, you just need a LOT of practice with it.

I tried an engine degreaser to clean it, since I use bearing grease on it. That saves much effort.

Comments

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome to competitive shooting. It will get better as you compete more. The fun is beating yourself and seeing improvements as you learn. Make sure you ask the top shooters a LOT of questions. Everybody will help if you ask!

Good luck!