In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

30/30 bullet in 308 win.

Mr. GunzMr. Gunz Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭
http://www.barnesbullets.com/sunshop/index.php?action=item&id=135&prevaction=category&previd=3&prevstart=10

Will these hold together at about 2800 FPS at the muzzle, shots wont be over 150 yards and I really dont like boat tails under 100 yards (they group horrible)

Comments

• B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is nothing to hold together. They are a 1 piece construction and will perform flawlessly at that velocity. Highly recommend this product an have positive personal expierience.
  • deadeye46deadeye46 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used Hornady's 150 grain flat nose bullet in a Rem. 600 308 for several years with excellent results at the range and with good one shot whitetail kills.Good luck with yours.
  • PinheadPinhead Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a Savage 99 for several years and one of my favorite loads for it was the Remington 150 grain flat nosed bullet intended for the 30/30. It was surprisingly acurate and at 2584 average fps. it really opened up. That Barnes bullet should hold together just fine considering it is a solid bullet except for the tip anyway.