In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Prices

biged913biged913 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
WoW!
Since E-Bay won't let us buy and sell reloading stuff anymore, sellers on GunBroker are starting to go wild on prices.[xx(]

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Shooting prices may be on the rise.

I've been reloading now for the first
    time in 20 years and am astounded at
    the price of the components. Granted,
    there are more offered today but the
    costs have gone through the roof!

Since January 2002...

Copper prices have gone up 206%

Nickel up 429%

Lead up 174%

Zinc 141%

Add increased fuel and transportation costs the margin is much higher, too!
    BEST1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just picked up supplies, Prices I paid are $33 for W209 primers per K, 700x power was $105 per 8 pounds, shot at $33 going up to $39. 4053 Imr was $23 per lb.
    Gonna have to quit reloading!
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Then they will not sell stuff; when they get hungry and need to pay bills the prices will drop.
  • Options
    Mort4570Mort4570 Member Posts: 472 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    welcome to the forum!!

can u give us an example of their crazy prices? I seldom buy online wo may not be able to spot them.

thanks!!
  • Options
    dtknowlesdtknowles Member Posts: 810 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Who said you can't sell reloading stuff on e-bay? I just checked and there are thousands of reloading items on e-bay.

Tim
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok, I found a link to the new e-bay policy and it appears that gun-broker could potentially get more traffic as e-bay is truly giving the reloading biz a shove along with gun parts.

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200707.shtml#2007-07-30094109

Tim
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    NEW POLICY take effect AUG 13.[xx(] You won't see them with a listing date later then that wait until next week and look [:(!][V][:(]
  • Options
    joesjoes Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ARE THEY KIDDING AT E-BAY! There are far more crimes committed daily by cars ( how about car bombs in Iraq) will they discontinue car sales and car parts- where will this maddness end! As Far as prices and the increase blame the Wall Street gamblers and the trading prices of metals. The bigger problem here is the contined assualt on our 2nd ammendment rights. Joe
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am unhappy about e-bays decision but I don't see how it is a second ammendment issue. I sold about a thousand dollars worth of brass on e-bay in the last year. Second ammendment does not say anything about who can/cannot or should sell reloading components.

It is an indication of a significant portion of the general populations continued dislike of firearms. The only way to get more people to get over their fear and dislike of firearms is to get them out to the range and punish the heck out of those who use firearms improperly.

Tim
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    The powers that be at e-bay don't care about the money they are going to lose by not letting us sell the newly baned items. They are getting enough from all the other stuff sold. They just don't care about us little guys!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Tim, It is an attack on ours rights just as the anti's have begun their attack by not banning guns but banning different "types" of guns or guns that appear as something, this is the first step. I do not find other hobbyist having their items of interest removed. It just shows the liberal anti views for the powers to be, at e-bay. E-bay is a private business which welcomes the public and as a business which invites the public to take part, it should remain neutral on issues of personal choice, when done in law abiding manner. The problem today is the minority voice is often heard and hear loudly, (Rosie Odonnell, Al Sharpton)These voices do not represent the majority but do challenge the process and is a left wing view which the media often embraces. How many people are offended by the nativity scene? One in a thousand, if that, but look at the news coverage that the issue gets. Studies show that over 50% of Americans do not oppose the use of firearms, yet here we are. Each time a public arena, i.e. stores, websites, etc. chooses sides on the gun issue, believe it or not it IS an assault on our rights. Do not be fooled, or step by step we will lose everything our forefathers have fought for. Don't believe me ask our fiends in Egland! Joe
  • Options
    dclocodcloco Member Posts: 2,967
    edited November -1
    Point 1 - I am NOT in favor of Ebay's policy.
    Point 2 - IMHO, I think Ebay is pricing themselves out of business.

Ebay is a private entity. They can do as they choose. Current online auction sites and others will enter the market, we will barely see a blip on our screens, once things settle out.

I have not used Ebay in 4.5 years. I was one of the original 5000 members of Ebay and one of the first 1000 paypal users (paypal is now owned by Ebay). Due to their less than effective protection from people who scam others, I choose not to use either.

Since I quit using Ebay, it has not affected me adversely in any way. Sometimes I have to look a little harder to find some items, but that is it.

I refuse to support a company that provides "guarantees" that are not worth anything, no matter what they say, you will be out of luck, time, and money. Your reward, a LOT of frustration!

So, when they announced their new rules on anything firearm related, oh well, it will be THEIR loss and OUR gain.

With this, I want to personally congratulate Ebay on forcing themselves out of business, I can only think of one other company that is more deserving.
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know that there's a lot of rancor over the eBay decisions for last few years but there is a major factor that needs to be taken into consideration.

eBay is NOT a private company. eBay is a publicly traded company on the Nasdaq and as such, answers to a board of directors and stockholders. They could care less what we want or what the Second Amendment states. Their only concern is their stock price and making it go up. The only way we could have a voice with eBay is to buy a huge block of stock and then get representation on their board. Other than that it's just a case of sucking it up and moving onward and upward. I could care less, they were always thieves as far as I'm concerned.

Best.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    And so it is said by the voice of reason, nononsense! Thank you for bringing it back around.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I will be posting my brass for auction on GunBroker from now on. I hope this will drive more traffic over here. It was pityful before. I guess we will still be able to use PayPal to exchange funds.

I guess one of my local gunshops is attacking my second ammendment rights they discontinued stocking and selling reloading supplies. Only one place left in town to buy powder and primers.

If your local Walmart stops selling guns it might not be an attack on your rights it might just be a business decision that the floor space and sales people can generate more sales selling a different product. Or it could be local political pressure that is working to limit gun ownership.

My view of the eBay thing is either the Lawyers worried about lawsuits or a first ammendment expression of antigun freespeech.

If I was an eBay stockholder I would pressure them to open up more markets not shut them down. It is all good news for GunBroker :-)

Tim