In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

LEE LOADER

hardtymshardtyms Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
Just recedntly picked up a Lee Loader. The all in one loading kit with the pre measured powder scoop. I am used to reloading with a rergular press, but have never tried one of these Lee loaders.
I got it, thinking this might be nice to take to the range and work up some different loads.

Has anyone tried the Lee Loader set up and whats your opinion on them? Are they fairly accurate?
I figured I would also take along a battery powered digital scales to re-check the powder scoop load.

Thanks ahead of time for you replies.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Information on this round 22/25
  • Options
    edited November -1
    if you are interested in reloading and dont want to spend bunch of money buy a lee loader for $12 and see if you like it the lee loader will teach you the basics and the cost is minimal and you really can make some acurate loads I reloaded 1000's of rounds with them remember it only neck sizes the case so dont mix and match your brass with other rifles

Load on Sunday shoot all week!!!
  • Options
    easygo6easygo6 Member Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK, I do not recommend this to anyone. Years ago when heavy solid bullets were hard to find in .429...I needed some bad. We were on our way to back pack in the Bob Marshall Wilderness of Montana. We carried 44s and pepper spray to protect us AND the bears.

Well, could't find any of the Sierra 300 gr heavies 'till we got to Billings, MT. Sporting goods store.

Loaded the shells with Sierra bullets and 2400 powder in the front seat of the car using a Lee hand press.[;)]
    Carried a Lee loader on the trail with us. [:)] Could 'plink' infrequently before making camp each night.[:D]

OK, we was SCARED and wanted to make our presence known!!![:o)]

"They're in front of us,
    they're behind us,
    they're to our left and to our right...
    they can't get away now."

Chesty Puller,
    Chosin Reservoir, Korea

SEMPER FI
  • Options
    ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    heard lots of good things about the Lee Loader..

sniper.gifhappy.gifanim_sniper.gif

"I will no longer debate a liberal because I feel they are beneath contempt. Just communicating with one contaminates a person." - whiteclouder
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I use the Lee Hand loader kits for all my pistol and rifle ammo.. slow, but accurate, pair of scales, and make your own powder dippers, and your set to go..
  • Options
    ThrockmortonThrockmorton Member Posts: 814 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    a Lee 16 guage loader was my first venture into handloading MANY years ago.We loaded on the hood of the car when we had shot all the shells up.(car hoods were real steel back then. :) )
    The hand press would be a big improvement for a starter press,but the LL is a fun way to get your feet wet.

Throckmortons' the alias,cas is the game.
  • Options
    RadCatRadCat Member Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:hardtyms Posted - 01/28/2005 : 1:08:23 PM
    if you are interested in reloading and dont want to spend bunch of money buy a lee loader for $12 and see if you like it the lee loader will teach you the basics and the cost is minimal and you really can make some acurate loads I reloaded 1000's of rounds with them remember it only neck sizes the case so dont mix and match your brass with other rifles

Load on Sunday shoot all week!!!

You bring back old memories from the late 50's and early 60's, when I loaded my first .220 Swift loads with one of those kits that fit in a small cardboard box, and the only other tool you needed was a small hammer. I remember making some loads right at the range, or in the woods. Heck, I even got some sub-MOA five shots groups out of that kit. Now I have a Lee Loadmaster and a Dillon 650, but I can't take those in the woods... Ahhhh... Nostalgia...
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Make your own dippers- Leave This to the guys that know what they are doing!!!!

Here is a tip for Lee powder dippers/loaders out in the field. On your specific pet load. Take a 45 ACP brass case that is empty with the spent primer in place.

Trim & measure till you get the desired charge that you wish.
    Then with the case empty wrap some light gauge wire just above the rim for a dipping handle.

IE fill the case to the top flush, then check your powder weight in a scale. If it is over your desired load, trim the brass a little more. Etc.

new_snipersmilie.gif
    NRA Life Endowment Member