In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New at reloading 45 colt reloading cost?

guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭
Other than the cost of the dies, press, etc. What would the cost be per round to reload 45lc with just a simple plinking round? I have some friends who are willing to teach me how to reload, question is do I want to.[:D]

Got Guns?

Comments

• Options
    ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    of course you want to.. it will be cheaper than the cost of good factory ammo, and will shoot with the performance of GREAT factory ammo.

sniper.gifhappy.gifanim_sniper.gif

"I will no longer debate a liberal because I feel they are beneath contempt. Just communicating with one contaminates a person." - whiteclouder
  • Options
    richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    If you want to use lead bullets, you will be looking at:
    If you already saved your brass, you could just write it off.
    1000 lead bullets = $35-45
    1# win 231 powder
    will load 1000 rds=$15
    1000 federal 150 primers=$16

$7-8 per hundred, cost will go up if you use a jacketed bullets, close to $15-18/ hundred.

My border collie is smarter than your honor student.
  • Options
    hardtymshardtyms Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    there is few local guys that commercialy cast bullets around here just take them your lead and trade them for bullets / G-N-P I know you can feel the force it is strong let it be with you!!!!!!!!

Load on Sunday shoot all week!!!
  • Options
    ThrockmortonThrockmorton Member Posts: 814 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    another 'cost' to factor in is your time.
    500 rounds on a single stage is approx.2000 hand operations.
    On a dillon square deal be,it's 504.
    I say SDB because it's geared to pistol only,does it well,and the resale is immediate if you decide loading is not for you....
    which you WONT'.:)
    you'll have ALL your equipment paid for in less than 50 boxes,give or take.

Throckmorton SASS #23149
  • Options
    mustangmustang Member Posts: 615 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Reloading is alot cheaper than buying factory ammo. But it takes a lot of time. That is the biggest issue I have. It seems there is always something else that needs to be done.[V] I need to clean off my bench and hit it hard before spring comes.

Warroad.gif
  • Options
    dg101windg101win Member Posts: 751 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I usually do not figure my time into reloading. I have a Dillon 550 so doesn't take me much time to crank out a few hundred rounds of pistol ammo.
    Beats sitting in front of the boob tube.

Retired Air Force Msgt--NRA Life Member since 1971
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mustang
    Reloading is alot cheaper than buying factory ammo. But it takes a lot of time. That is the biggest issue I have. It seems there is always something else that needs to be done.[V] I need to clean off my bench and hit it hard before spring comes.

Warroad.gif

Tisk, tisk, tisk..... there are classes on time management to help get rid of "issues" that get in the way of reloading. If the wife is yelling, toss her the reloading book and have her pick a good load to try in you 308, she will love the quality time with you. The yard will still need mowed after the ammo is loaded, the house can wait for another nice day to get painted...you get the idea. [:D][8D][:I]
  • Options
    rimfire72rimfire72 Member Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here is a good place to get bullets for your .45.
    http://nationalbullet.com/home.html

buycoolshirts_1825_31216154.jpg