In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Reloader 25

BittersweatBittersweat Member Posts: 294 ✭✭✭
Is anyone using RL 25? I have been reloading for a while and usually use H4831sc (excellent), or RL 22 (good but temp. sensitive). My new 270WSM is hungry and I'm trying to feed it 140gr Sierra.
thanks.

Comments

• Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    I have used RL25, and 150 gr bullets in a plain old 270 and it worked very well.
    It should be a good combo in your short fat 270.
    I also use it a lot in my 8 twist 22/6mm Ackley Improved with 80 grain Seirra's
    it seems to be a excellent powder for heavier than normal bullets in a lot of cases.

Gun control is hitting what your aiming at.
  • Options
    the loveable rat...the loveable rat... Member Posts: 969 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i use h4831sc in my 7wsm under 160gr, h4350 too for lighter medicine...i hear great things about magpro...
  • Options
    KdubKdub Member Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have tried to use it in the past, but found it to be too slow - in the same order as AA8700. Both have since been relegated to being stuffed into cases being fireformed. Good powders for that chore.

As with you, have found the H4831HC and VVN560 to be powders of choice for large capacity cases.

Keep off the Ridgeline