In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Cowboy Blanks ***UPDATE***

CHGOTHNDERCHGOTHNDER Member Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭
***Thanks to all for the help, shot the first batch over the weekend and all went well.

PJ

Recently I recieved a hand primer and was wondering how I could use this to make some blanks for the SAA .45. No powder charge just the primer, is this possible, not too concerned with making a lot of noise just want to get the grand kids used to the noise.

PJ

editorialcolor.bmp
If nobody seen you do it, how could you have done it. NRA Endowment Member, AF&AM, Shriner Life Member, A.B.A.T.E. of Illinois "Chicago Chapter" Founding Member & Board Member

Comments

• Options
    hardtymshardtyms Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    get a cheap lee reloader use the primer removal punch, prime, and go bang

Load on Sunday shoot all week!!!
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    Make sure you enlarge the primer holes a bit otherwise the primers will set back and tie up the gun.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks for that, someone emailed me the same info but what dia.[?]

PJ

editorialcolor.bmp
    If nobody seen you do it, how could you have done it. NRA Endowment Member, AF&AM, Shriner Life Member, A.B.A.T.E. of Illinois "Chicago Chapter" Founding Member & Board Member
  • Options
    dg101windg101win Member Posts: 751 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dakotashooter2
    Make sure you enlarge the primer holes a bit otherwise the primers will set back and tie up the gun.

If you ever reload though DO NOT use these cases with enlarged primer holes for normal reloading with powder and bullet. Would change the ignition of the powder and possibly cause higher pressures.

Retired Air Force Msgt--NRA Life Member since 1971
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    Thanks for watching my back dg101win. I forgot to add that warning.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That was a no brainer, I marked the blank brass with red paint just because of that.
    THANKS GUY'S

PJ

editorialcolor.bmp