In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Anyone got one of these for Home or Factory loads?

FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
BERSIN Ammunition Measuring and Adjustment tool?

bench_rest_tool.jpg
http://www.bersin.info/english/startseite_e/startseite.htm

new_snipersmilie.gif
NRA Life Endowment Member

Comments

• mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    Yep... I do all my 25/284, 284, 22/250 Ackley, 243 Ackley, and both of my 6mm BR's on one. (two different bodys)
    A bit pricey but an amazing tool.
    I need to get another body for my 22/6mm Ackley, and my 257 Ackley.

Gun control is hitting what your aiming at.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks, so I take it worth the price yes? I like the idea of tweeking home and factory loads.

new_snipersmilie.gif
    edited November -1
    You get one and you'll have more fun than your probably allowed to.
    Then when you save enough money check out Vern Juenkes Bullet and case Comparator and then it's just more fun to come.
    Tweaking is a good thing for the soul

• FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    THANKS!!!!!!!!!! [:D] Think I just might wonder over there and put one on order. [:D] Can never have to many reload toys Tools.[;)][8D][:D]

new_snipersmilie.gif
    edited November -1
    Just think of how much money we're saving, loading our own [:D][:D][:D]

• rimfire72rimfire72 Member Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is that a type of concentricity (sp) gauge? I have one from Sinclair. It looks kind of similar but the round is placed horizontal not vertical.

buycoolshirts_1825_31216154.jpg
  • ContacFrontContacFront Member Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't do it fracf! Reloading toys, opps tools are like fishing lures!
    edited November -1
    Unlike fishing lures that that are designed for people, this tool is designed for advanced reloaders, and it works very well, actually it works excellent for someone who knows how to use it.
    It not only measures the run out like the concentricity gauges from Sinclair or RCBS, it then will straighten the loaded round out to less than 1/10,000.

DID YOU NOTICE ALL THOSE ZERO'S ?

• ElbestaElbesta Member Posts: 334 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would only use that with match ammo any other would be a waste of effort.
    edited November -1
    If something is done to help some one out, who is trying to put them all in one hole, no matter on paper or on a ground hogs hide out to 500 yards, how can that be a waste of effort ?
    I'll personally do every tiny little thing I can to put em all in the same hole, but maybe I have more time on my hands than most people do. You can blame that on M.S. and long hard cold winters around here.[:D]

• shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    what does it do?
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    it takes the runout out of loaded rounds. I have been on the verge of ordering the tool many times,..but the more I talk to other shooters on the circuit, the more I think runout is somewhat overrated. Rounds as high as .004" runout have produced some of the tightest groups of the day,..which has put a dent in the idea of runout causing poor groupings. That is the same thing that happened to the primer seating depth that everyone was so hell bent on a few years back. All the guys went out and bought the K&N primer seater that measures the primer height, then is set to 0, and then when the primer is seated, you watch the guage to see when it is a -.003" (.003" below the casehead was thought to be the best) it was supposed to be seated perfectly. Now,..a few years later, almost no-one uses those seaters anymore. Some things are so minute in their increases, that wind and shooter error as well as mirage all play a larger role in group size,..and the effect of these type of tools is very hard to definitively prove one way or the other. This is for 600yd and 1000yd matches,.. now they may prove to be an asset more readily in the 100,200, and 300yd matches especially with flat based bullets.

I may still purchase one and experiment with it, time will tell.

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?
  • BufflerBuffler Member Posts: 821 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    RCBS makes it too, I have it. Check it out!!
    BE SAFE!! Buffler
    edited November -1
    Buffler, ya better hang onto it as it would be the only one that RCBS ever made. You might have one of those Gauging Tools from RCBS, but you do not have a Bersin Tool from them or one like it. The RCBS gauge will tell you that you have run-out in a loaded round, but will not fix the problem. The Bersin tool will put the run-out back to no run-out.