In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

30-06-with Win 760 Powder

lcflcflcflcf Member Posts: 172 ✭✭
Anyone have loads for the 180 grn, I use Speer and Sierra Spitzer bullets, I have good loads for IMR 4350 but would like to try 760 ball, Les

Comments

• Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    WW760 and H414 are similar, and are known as the ball version of 4350, which is extruded. While not the same, charge weights are generally very similar, so normally if you didn't have a manual, yu could use the minimum weight of 4350 as a starting point of the ball powders.
  • lcflcflcflcf Member Posts: 172 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Ray B, I was reading other posts about Ball powder and should I use the Magnum Primers?
  • mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    Generally as a rule magnum primers are not needed unless your using over 50 grains of powder in a case, or are shooting in very cold weather.

Gun control is hitting what your aiming at.
  • Shootist3006Shootist3006 Member Posts: 4,171
    edited November -1
    All my hunting loads for the 06 use W760 powder. While I don't normally use the 180 gr, it works just fine (and is very accurate) for both 150 and 165 gr. Ignites well and you shouldn't need a magnum primer for any load in the 06 case.

NRA ENdowment, CRPA Life, Past President NRA Members Council
    Quod principi placuit legis habet vigorem. Semper Fidelis
    marinesega2.jpg