In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

37mm/40mm

TaiChiTaiChi Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
Hi,
Looking for loading data, projectiles and any info on loading for the 37mm/40mm shells.

Thanks,

Steve

Comments

• Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,013 ******
    edited November -1
    Where are you? Your profile doesn't indicate.

Shells of that size are restricted in the US.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email gpd035@sbcglobal.net
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As a general proposition, live rounds of this size are tightly regulated items under GCA68 and the implementing regulations which grandfathered them into the NFA as "destructive devices." Only harmless projos are acceptable (e.g., originally inert or de-milled). Where the live rounds are subject to NFA controls, I'm not sure if one can even make one live since the BS legal changes of 1986 (?) . . . but if you can, do you really want to pay $200 for each specimen to do it legally?

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the french." (Mark Twain)
  • Options
    TaiChiTaiChi Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I should have been more specific on the type of shells I am looking for loading data for ie; flare rounds, parachute etc. My understanding is the HE rounds are the only ones regulated by the NFA.

I call Arizona home. Steve
  • Options
    NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    Here is a link to a site that covers almost any 37/40mm questions that you could have. I covers legal questions as well as loadings. They have some great pics.
    http://37mm.com/

John