In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What's a good load for IDPA comps?

sweaversweaver Member Posts: 973 ✭✭✭✭
I'm going to be entering my first IDPA competition in 3 weeks and need to try out some loads. On hand I have some 135, 165, and 200gr bullets. Going to shoot my .40 G23 (its my only handgun). I tried out some 200 and 165 reloads Saturday and was extremely pleased with the accuracy I had with the 165s. The 200 seemed to have less recoil but I'm not sure. The only powder I have on hand is AA#7, do you suggest anything better to use with a Glock?

Any suggestions on a load? Since I have a Glock, I don't want to approach anwhere near a "hot load".

Thanks,
Shane

sig.jpg

Comments

• Options
    PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    My favorite with a 165 gr is 8.2 gr of AA5. This is a full power load. It gives me good results in my Glock 22 and other 40's.
  • Options
    BittersweatBittersweat Member Posts: 294 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have used 7.6 grains of Winchester Super Field ( WSF )with lead 180 gr. bullets. This load worked really well for USPSA. It was very controllable in several differant .40 sw pistols. IDPA has a lower power factor so 7.2 gr. of WSF should do the trick.