In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

9mm brass anyone?

gunguy30_06gunguy30_06 Member Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
i don't think many people do reload 9mm but if you do let my know, i am curious. I have tons of 9mm brass at home and i am waiting for the price of brass to go up.

Comments

• PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I reload 9mm when I run out of anything useful to do. I think I have about 10,000 pieces of brass that is preped and ready to load. It is a sickness to pick up 9mm brass. I buy 9mm Blazers from Acadamy Sporting Goods for $3.89 a box. I buy it a case at the time for IDPA competition. I can't stand to see a shiny, once fired case on the ground and not pick it up. I figured once that if I have the brass and buy everything in bulk, I can load a 115 gr fmj round for about 6 cents. That is $3 a box. There needs to be a support group for 9mm loaders like AA for drinkers.
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Personally I threw in the towel when I accumulated 50 lbs of brass, (not all 9mm). The only local junkyard that was willing to take it offered me less then $20. I gave it to a guy in the club to sort through and save what he wanted.

luger_4.jpg
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I load 9mm all the time. Since I cast the bullets and am using up about 20 pounds of red dot from the early 80's it is way cheaper to load than buy new.

I just can't seem to get used to leaving brass lay where it fell. I still pick it up out of the mud and grass and reload it again. The last time I looked 9mm ammo is so cheap to buy that I may try and force myself to let it lay there.

They do need a self help meeting for us brass scroungers, I can't seem to stop.
  • RadCatRadCat Member Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    9mm. BRASS... HMMMMMMM!!!!!!!

I can always use 9mm Brass! I shoot 9mm. "Major" in open class IPSC. Usually I get it once fired from Midway, dirt cheap. That is the reason why I prefer it to 38 Super. Since they lowered the power factor in IPSC, now it is feasible to shoot 9mm as major on open class. Once fired 38 Super is hard to find, not so 9mm. I usually load it hot and "long". It works just fine.

One of the ranges we use for our matches is used also by LEO's, and they always leave behind tons of once fired (single brand) 9mm brass. Lately I don't have to purchase it from Midway anymore!!!!!

But... If you guys have so much brass (or just a few pounds) weighing down your garages, that is in good shape, and you have to absolutely get rid of it... well, then send me an e-mail with your costs for shipping, and see what we can do... (This is not an offer to buy or sell, as such is not allowed in this forum. Just a way to help each other, if we can with this problem/compulsion of yours.)

As a first alternative though, I should suggest that you list it here at GB's, as you never know if somebody out there might be looking just for that?
  • tatercatstatercats Member Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hey-give it to me-im needin to reload some 9mm-u need to sell me that slide and clips so i can load 38 super also!
  • ContacFrontContacFront Member Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bpost,

You are not the only one that can't stand to see good brass wasted. [:D] I think I am the only one at my range that loads 9mm, everyone else buys it in bulk.
  • tomh.tomh. Member Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like it's time for a give-away! [:)]
  • BittersweatBittersweat Member Posts: 294 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Or a 9mm reloaders support group.