In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Help with a 30-06 load

egatimraegatimra Member Posts: 469 ✭✭✭
I have 115 gr flat point bullets and I'm using IMR4064 powder. What kind of load can I try. The idea is a varmint load.

Comments

• Options
    richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    Starting load of 52 grains, do not exceed 55.

My border collie is smarter than your honor student.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    I have never had any good Acc. out of my 30-06 useing 4064 Powder, But I have never tried 110gr slugs, the twist is wrong for them, GOOD LUCK
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    MY 2 CENTS!, Light slugs and relatively slow burning powder are incompatible.

As long as your got a lot of the bullets on hand and a bunch of the powder, have at it. You MIGHT? over time, with a lot of trial an error work up a accurate/safe load that is satisfactory.

Personally I would put my time an effort in working up a load using powder with the burn rate of 3031/BLC2. Most powder manufacturers/suppliers have powder in this burn rate category.

luger_4.jpg
  • Options
    BittersweatBittersweat Member Posts: 294 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Reloader 15 worked for me in the 06 with lighter bullets.
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow

Personally I would put my time an effort in working up a load using powder with the burn rate of 3031/BLC2. Most powder manufacturers/suppliers have powder in this burn rate category.

[:D][:D][:D][:D] Bingo

sniper.gif
    NRA Life Endowment Member

Soquel.gif
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    55gr N140 behind the 125gr NBT is well under moa in my box stock rifle. Try bumping that charge to maybe 56-57gr with the 115gr. The N140 and all vihtavouri powders are extremely clean burning too.

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?
  • Options
    tatercatstatercats Member Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my o3a3 shoots very nice with 150 grn fmj, and 54 grn of 4064