In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gonna stir the pot. Lake City Mil Match Brass.

FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
If you are going to reload the stuff, is it-
Good for Bolt guns?
Good for Semi guns?
or
Just good GI Brass?

I have my own opinion-[:)]

sniper.gif
NRA Life Endowment Member

Soquel.gif

Comments

• Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    FrancF,

I load with it for my .223 and my .308. It works as well as anything I use provided I do my part and keep good quality control. Both my rifles are bolts.

We have the second amendment so that all the rest are secure....UNK>
  • Options
    richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    I would say it is just good general pupose brass. I have only used it in 308. I can't figure out what he tool marks are for arround the base. It doesn't get nearly as beat up as FC GM brass when used in an autoloader. I am on 5 reloads through the Bolt gun, and 3 through the FAL stuff.

• Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    LC brass is thicker than commercial brass, so BACK OFF 10% before re-working the load ladder. It takes a hell a beating from what I understand and after match prepping is quite consistent. Many competition High Power guys use it because it's tough and takes a lot of firings. Oh yeah, less powder too[:)]

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?
  • Options
    PinheadPinhead Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have used military brass far more than civilian brass for the simple reason that it is tougher brass and lasts longer. You do tend to get more off center flash holes with it but I just use those for practice and plinking loads only and no problem. I particularly like the LC and RA military brass. I'm running real low on the RA brass and wish I had some more but haven't been able to located any in 30/06 in some time. If anyone knows of a source for it -- I'm all ears.