In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Herters Dies, 30/06

Any good for reloading? Collectible?

york.bmp"No taxation without representation, Join the NRA"

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If there 7/8-14, they will work in any modern reloading press. I use to buy Herters stuff way back when. Most of the reloading equipment and supplies they sold was aimed at the economy end of the marketplace. And you got what you payed for. If your dies are brand new, mint condition in the original box, there MIGHT? be some collectors interest.

luger_4.jpg
  • Options
    PinheadPinhead Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a set of 30/06 herter's dies and they are good dies-not great. They will load good ammo but are not up to the fit and finish of some others. I also have a set of 8mm dies but they are not used as they have too much run out on the finished cartridge to be accurate. A common problem among the cheaper dies in the old days.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dies are for loading,....it will be a while before they are collectable. Load some rounds,..if they are relatively straight, then keep them. If they are 100yd dies, then sell them.

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?
  • Options
    reddnekreddnek Member Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My dad used herters dies back in the day to load for the .244 rem plus a few others ,he had good luck with them. In fact all his reloading equipment was herters. I believe my brother in law is still using all of it
  • Options
    BlckhrnBlckhrn Member Posts: 5,136
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the input. I have another, newer set of 30/06 dies that will probably see more use, Wondering what to do with the Herter's.

york.bmp"No taxation without representation, Join the NRA"
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sell/trade them for other reloading supplies. You could swap them on the boards for a load manual or some bullets, or brass, etc.

Now, you could keep both sets and set one seater for one bullet and another seater for another type bullet. The set one FL die to completely FL size, and the other FL die to Partial Full Length size the brass. I have been known to keep multiple die sets for this reason[:D]

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?