In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

fair price on lead shot?

Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
How much is a 25 pound bag of #9 lead shot going for these days?

edit = I did try to find some on the web but apparently few places sell it online. Midway had bismuth and steel shot but only small qty's of lead.
I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly

Comments

• Options
    ThrockmortonThrockmorton Member Posts: 814 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    About 16.00 last time I looked,near Portland,Or.I hear it's going up this year all over though. :(

Throckmorton SASS #23149
  • Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks.

avitar.jpg
    Semper Fi

Remember Ruby Ridge.

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Not a member at the auction? Join Gunbroker at this link!
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    eastwood44mageastwood44mag Member Posts: 2,655 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ~$15-16 before tax. Course I get it from the gun club for less than market price[:D]

O Lord,
    grant me the Serenity
    to accept the things
    I cannot change
    the courage to change the things I can,
    and the supreme firepower to make the difference.
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    closer to $20.00 a bag down here in florida, and a year ago when I lived in Ca. it was also around $20.00-$22.00 a bag.

the price of shot has really jumped up in the last few years.

R/

Dave
    th_bigclay.bmp
    People everywhere confuse what they read in newspapers with news.

-- A. J. Liebling
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    I pay $17.00 a bag at the trap club, It comes out of Argentina. Every Co. that makes it here in the USA wants $20.00, cheaper to buy it from Argentina and pay shipping than to buy it here. (Whats wrong with this picture?) [:0]
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not to hijack the thread, but my take on chuck's comment is that US makers have to take more care to avoid employee lead exposure / environmental harm. Maybe I'd feel differently if I used hundreds of pounds of shot a year, but an 18% premium when we're talking a known toxic substance doesn't sound like a terribly bad thing. This isn't a criticism, merely my $0.02 observation.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the french." (Mark Twain)
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    I see what your saying Iconoclast, I buy about 250# a year.