In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bullet Bargin

I got an Eblast from Midway this morning. They are having a sale on a lot of 150 gr Speer bullets that are mixed Hot Core and Grand Slam in 250 rd bulk pack for $9.99. If you don't mine sorting them out it's a deal. I ordered 6 boxes. I doubt these will last long. Item no is 187135.

Comments

• Options
    richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the tip, I just ordered 20 boxes. when I got done there were 115 boxes left. Even if they are only 20% grand slams, that is a huge steal. I needed to find a bullet for blasting stuff with the 300 WBy, I think they should fit the bill... as long as I can find an accurate load. Shipping sucks on 5000 bullets, almost $40.

• Options
    bsallybsally Member Posts: 3,165
    edited November -1
    GONE![V][:(]

SALLY
    Committee member-Ducks Unlimited
  • Options
    dclocodcloco Member Posts: 2,967
    edited November -1
  • Options
    PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    It is good to get one Midway's Eblast list for deals like this one that come and go quickly. They had some bulk packed .308 Sierra 180 gr bullets about 2 months ago that I bought for about 40% of their normal price. They had gotten them from a custom ammo maker that had changed to a different bullet. I think I will load some of the Hot Core bullets for my M1 rifle. These are cheaper than what I have been paying for pulled US military bullets.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The last pulled bullets I bought were $55.00 a thousand. As long as these feed ok through the autos they have to be a better deal.

• Options
    edited November -1
    I received mine today and sorted them out. about 55% GS's, and 45% flat points.1

They weren't as great a deal as I thought initially. The 1/2 that were Hot core are flat points. That would be fine if I had a 30-30, but I don't, and they will not feed through my semi autos.

On a lighter note, I have a life time supply plus of grand slams for my weatherby(2500+).

I guess the others wil be introduced to Fleebay or gunbroker.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Richbug I got mine today and I figured I got 1/3 Hot-Core and 2/3 Grandslam. I am happy. I have 2 30-30 rifles. I figure I got these for about 20% of Midway's normal price. They charge $15.99 for 50 of the Grandslams.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Pearyw, Don't and and sort them all at once, you will see spots for hours. I am still seeing bullets flashing before my eyes as I type this.

I think it is actuall closer to 15% of retail cost. I am sure if any other ones come up I am sure you will warn us.

I think I need a 30-30 now. I also need 30 lbs of RL22, I believe this is going to be one of those weird scenarios where the powder will cost more than the bullets.

thanks again, rich

• Options
    PinheadPinhead Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    PearyW, thanks for the heads up on the Speer bullets. I ordered 1000 as soon as I read your post. I just got them this eveing and the breakdown was 646 Grand Slam bullets and 354 FNSP bullets. I figured up from the cheapest source that I have(catalogs) and the breakdown was great. From the cheaspest source I would have paid $277.28 for them. I paid $52.00. Of course they are sold out now. I figure I'll load the 150 FNSP bullets at about 2600 fps for my Savage 99, it will feed them just fine as it has a rotary magazine which will feed anything with the proper AOL. Thanks, Jim
  • Options
    RadCatRadCat Member Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wish I had read this post/thread earlier. Darn!!!!!!

Usually I get the e-blast e-mails, but more often than not I ignore them. Guess, better start paying more attention. Could have used those for my .308 Win. [:(][:(][:(][:(!][B)]

edited November -1
    Pinhead Looks like you got about the same count as I did. I try to check the specials as I see them. I use to get a closeout catalog from Midway, but everthing is on line now. I also watch Graf and Wiedners. Richbug I only had 6 boxes. I bet you do see spots with 20 boxes. I spread mine out in a flat pan and pick them in groups of 6 or 7 at a time. It took me an hour to go thru 1500. I bought a 1000 147 fmj pulled 308 bullets from Wiedners a while back and they never mentioned that there were 6 different kinds mixed up. It took me a good 6 hours to sort them as there was so little difference. These Speer bullets are easy with just 2 kinds and they are a good bit different.