In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Dillon 550B vs. XL650 Reloaders

What are the advantages to buying the 650 over the 550? What can be done with the 650 vs 550? Thanks.

SD

Comments

• Options
    dg101windg101win Member Posts: 751 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 650 has auto index,550 is manual index. Also optional case feed can be added to the 650. A Dillon Rep said to me in email they are working on a case feed for the 550 should be out in the fall.
    Also look at their website http://dillonprecision.com/default.cfm?

Retired Air Force Msgt--NRA Life Member since 1971
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The nice thing about the 550 is you can stop and check yourself at any time in the movement, i.e. you can pull the bullet out and weigh the charge if you want. With the 650 once you start you can't stop it, or pull out the case until it's a completed bullet. That was why I went with the 550.

R/

Dave
    th_bigclay.bmp
    People everywhere confuse what they read in newspapers with news.

-- A. J. Liebling
  • Options
    agman1999agman1999 Member Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can pull the case out at any station past #1 on a 650. The priming station (#2) has a spring loaded arm that holds the case in, so you just pull them out on it. For the rest, you just lift out the locating pin and remove the case. I remove and replace cases in mine all the time. I've read the statment that "the case has to finish the process on a 650" several times, but I assume that the comments come from those who have never used one.