In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

reloading 9.3x72R

snowy1snowy1 Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
Need reloading information ie: type of powder and amount, where to get dies, etc. I have the brass. Also, does anyone know where I could get ballistic data on this round? Thanks.......Snowy1

Comments

• Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    CH has dies $72.45
    Buffalo Arms has the right 196 gr bullets.
    I think there is a LITTLE load data in Cartridges of the World.
  • Options
    mbsamsmbsams Member Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nosler Reloading Guide #5 has the data for their 250gr solid base ballistic tip and their 286 grain partition spitzer eight different powders for each. I have the book data too lenghty to include here, nice lead article too.

oops - that data is for the 9.3 x74R
  • Options
    SpringCreekTradeCoSpringCreekTradeCo Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm struggling with this loading 9.3x72R stuff too!
    There are recipes in the www.Load.com site but it requires a $30
    joining fee to get to the info. Haven't done that yet. Components are available at www.Huntingtons.com and I'm just going to have to
    suck it up and spend the $$ to get dies ($120 ish) and cases (nearly $100 for 100 cases), and then there are the bullets ($?). Those of us who are going to keep and feed the old drillings etc. probably ought to buy a bullet mold (custom made?/By who?). That's my thoughts!
  • Options
    mazo kidmazo kid Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    CH-4D has dies a little less expensive than RCBS, available from them or Buffalo Arms. CBE moulds in Australia will make any design you want and at a reasonable price. I have a double cavity in .368 on order now. They are a high quality brass mould. Emery