In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

sabot reloading for 30-06

Hylander50Hylander50 Member Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
Does anyone have any experience reloading .30-06 using sabots and .22 caliber bullets? I recently found a whole bunch of sabots at an estate sale for next to nothing. I'm considering loading them into some .30-06 cases using .22 caliber bullets. However, I cannot find any loading data for them. I tried a Google search; and, the data I found was sketchy, at best. I'd like to use Alliant 2400 powder as that is what I use for my regular loads. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    dtknowlesdtknowles Member Posts: 810 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You won't get top performance using 2400 powder but I guess you know that if you are already using it in a 30-06. Who's data are you using for your current loads? I have a data sheet I got with some sabots when I bought them but the data is not confirmed when I shoot over my chronograph. Velocity is always much less than the data advises.

From an older Hornady manual they have a max load of 40.3 grains of 2400 with a 100 grain short jacket plinker for a 30-06. This is a clip of some data I found when looking for 30-06 data for sabots using IMR 4198 it was for 308 win as I could not find data for 4198 in 30-06

308sabot

Tim
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This has been discussed here before so there should be some threads available through the Search button in the upper right. If I remember correctly, there are some links to load data also.

I think this URL will work better:

308sabot

Best.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Accurate Arms manual has data for 30/30, 308,3006, and 762x39.