In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

reloading 9mm

gotstolefromgotstolefrom Member Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
I've been reloading for 30+ years, but only reload a few select calibers. Mostly 44 mag & spl, 357 mag & 38spl, 8x57 mm and 30-30 for performance, not for reduced costs.

Until now I have never considered reloading 9mm or 45 APC ammo because of the availability of 'cheap' ammo that suited my needs. I've lately been focusing on 45 and 9mm autopistol shooting, and I am to the point where I need to find that 'sweet load' to improve my skills, at least for 45.

I am also taking this opportunity to make sure I have reasonably adequate supplies should they become more difficult to obtain at later dates. In searching the different die manufacturers, I've not seen a 9x18 (Makarov) die. While I'm not considering reloading that round at present, I have 2 pistols chambered in that caliber. Can the 9x19 dies be used to load 9x18 other than possibly a separate taper crimp die ?

Thanks

Comments