In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I am sure someone has tried this

ljc2tallljc2tall Member Posts: 87 ✭✭
Hello,
After search this forum as how to clean brass, as I do not have a tumbler. I tried using Mother's mag and alum. polish from Wally world. I started polishing by hand, rubbing a little polish on and buffing off. Then after trimming the cases, I got thinking. When I trim cases I use a cordless drill to turn the cases and hold the trimmer. So I put a dirty case in the shell holder and put a small dab of polish on a rag, turned on the drill for a couple of seconds then used a clean rag to buff it out. All of about 15 seconds to polish a case that looks better than the new ones I buy.
Has anyone else tried this?

Comments

• Options
    jimbowbyjimbowby Member Posts: 3,496
    edited November -1
    [8D]-I been doing it for years, but I just touch it with 000 steel wool--

--No mess, no clean-up-

--[:p][:p]-JIMBO
  • Options
    deceedecee Member Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use nevr-dull in one hand with the drill in the other
  • Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It doesn't polish brass, but it does a real good job of cleaning is to soak your brass in a 4:1 mix of hot water and vinegar. Rinse in hot water and let dry (over a hot air register or place outside in the sun).
    It's cheap and fairly fast (esp considering the volume being processed with a minimum of effort).
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    Not only have I tried it, I have seen it published somewhere or other. Too much trouble for my taste; I prefer to dump in a tumbler and let sit, or else clean in boiling soapy water and let dry.
  • Options
    bgjohnbgjohn Member Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Or, if I really want to get it clean. I put it in my ultrasonic cleaner with vinegar and a few drops of dish detergent.
    JM