In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Nosler bullet users.. Factory 2nds

LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
For anyone that uses Nosler bullets and would like some cheap bullets.
Shooters Pro Shop is worth checking out. They have Nosler factory seconds that preform as well as their first.

http://www.shootersproshop.com/

Take the ever popular .308 Ballistic Tip Bullets, 150 Grain At Midway they run $15.99. At Shooters Pro they are only $10.95 for the seconds.

A friend showed me a hand full and all I saw was the color was off and that was just cosmetic. On the scale the weight was right one. He said that he cant tell any difference when it comes to performance of the Nosler seconds.

Shooter Pro also had the
7MM 140gr Ballistic Tip 2nds Factory Blemished for $6.95 for a box of 50 while at Midway they were priced at $15.99.

They will make a cheap blinking bullet if nothing else.

Comments

• Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used to buy alot of Nosler seconds at the factory in Bend, Oregon. They always shot well and I never came across a defective one. I need to go back at some point.
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    Whoooeee, their shipping is steep though. At least for ME- probably just has to go a long way. I"m not ready to buy a bunch to make it worth shipping but looks like some good deals.
  • Options
    PinheadPinhead Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    jonk, if you think their prices is steep on bullets, just try 8x57 brass--26.00 + 11.00 plus making 37.00 plus for 50 cases. Too steep for this ol country boy.
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    I agree on the shipping. I'd easily wait a few days if they would ship USPS flat rate.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,809 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shipping isn't too bad if you are buying about 500 at a whack.
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I picked up a whole bunch of seconds based on the fact that the firsts either had cannelures or did not. They must have had a new person doing loads that day/week(everybody at Nosler went hunting and left the new guy in charge) and sent the ones not supposed to have cannelures through the machine that does that. And, the ones without must've had some finish process that would be ruined if they went back through that process.

I ended up buying about 1000 @ $.24 ea. ...shipped to my door.
  • Options
    WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have preached the Gospel of Nosler seconds and have gained many converts to the faith.
    I have used the competition 30 caliber for about 6-7 years and find them as good as first and as good as Sierra.
    My converts tell me they get the same results in 30 cal but not in 223 bullets. They say they are very good but Sierra are better so use the Nosler 223 seconds for practice.

Last time I bought them I didn't need them but got some while they had a $7.95 flat shipping charge no limit.

I actually bought 1500 155gr for $9.95 per 100 and wished I had simply asked how many were in the building and taken them all.
    Hindsight is 20/20.
    Then I paid $12.95 per 100 168gr all match bullets for 2000 and wished I had bought everyone they had.
    Thing is, today 155/168 match 2nds at $16.95 per 100 plus actual shipping may one day look like a shouldacoulda post.

Have you seen Sierra's recent prices?
    You will need a late model car as trade for a multi pack order!

Wulfmann
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck
  • Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    I just bought 6 boxes of the 7mm 140 grain BT seconds. Even with shipping the 6 box total was $40.00 cheaper than buying 6 boxes of firsts from Midway or Midsouth (without shipping).
  • Options
    steve4102steve4102 Member Posts: 186 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dakotashooter2
    I agree on the shipping. I'd easily wait a few days if they would ship USPS flat rate.

They do ship flat rate! To my zip code shipping is $10.52 if I purchase 1 box or a 100 boxes.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by steve4102
    quote:Originally posted by dakotashooter2

They do ship flat rate, but UPS! To my zip code shipping is $10.52 if I purchase 1 box or a 100 boxes.
  • Options
    edited November -1

They do ship Flat Rate, but UPS. To my zip code shipping is $10.52 no matter if I purchase one box or a hundred boxes.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Having trouble with the enter button or are we trying to increas post count!!!???!!![:o)]

I will have to call them and see what will fit in a USPS flat rate box

Wulfmann
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck
  • Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    Brother Wulfman,
    I saw the light years ago, and I am a believer. I live about 165 miles from the factory, and they treat me the same way on shipping. I just get some of the club members together and order enough to make it pay.
    For what it's worth.
    W.D.