In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Shotshell Reloaders

WittumWittum Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
Well, I think I am going to start reloading 12 guage again and want to buy a new reloader. I was looking around at the MEC's and see they have a new (new to me) 9000 electric or something. Does anyone know anything about these or have any thoughts or preferences on any other progressive reloaders. I would like to stay at a half way reasonable price. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 9000G is/was a good press, and so is/was the "Grabber" (9000 minus the auto index feature).
    Compare prices, it sounds like what you will paying for with the "E" is not having to pull the handle. Back when I was using a 9000G there was a hydraulic option, is this what you referring to?
  • Options
    WittumWittum Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, there is a hydraulic kit and a electric kit. What is the auto indexing feature? I hear that term used, but not quite sure what it means. Thanks
  • Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    On a manual index system, you manualy rotate the shell plate to advance the shells to the next station.
    On a Auto index system, the shell plate rotates to the next station by it's self (MEC uses a ratchet pall to pull the plate around). It works like the cylinder advance mechnisem in a revolver.