In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

M1 carbine feeding problem

Maxx424Maxx424 Member Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭
So - Went to the range to try the normal primers and my first reloads for the carbine. I had sized all the cases even though they were new. Well new but old lake city. Shot fine but kept hanging up on the feed. WTH?? Checked and checked and checked all the sizes and everything was within spec. Finally relaized that this brass had been loaded and then pulled down and there was old lube on the cases that was sticky and causing the feeding issue. Note to self. In addtion to sizing also tumble first!

Comments

• Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    You found out the hard way to clean the lube off before you load the lubed and sized brass. It probably smoked when it went BANG!
  • Options
    Maxx424Maxx424 Member Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are so correct. If I had thought about it I would have realized in the take down process they must lube the cases. Clearly never thought about it. Actually took some time to realize what was going on. Live and learn.