In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Who makes a good low profile electronic ear muff?

I want to purchase a good electronic ear muff that will not interfere with the cheekpiece when I shoot my bench rifles or shotguns for skeet. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a set of Remingtons that I wear when I shoot shotgun or rifle nice low profile. The only drawback is that they use a weird (can't remember what it is) battery. I usually use Dillon muffs as they use AAA batteries but for me they don't have a low enough profile for shooting long guns.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    I have a set of Radians Pro-Amp that work well. they make other styles also.
  • Options
    Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a set of Remington muffs that I have been extremely happy with so far. Bought them because they were on clearance and haven't had any problems with them yet.

Jon
  • Options
    B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Peltor tach 6. Come in behind the head and over the top. Highly recommend. About 70.00.
  • Options
    outterbanksoutterbanks Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info it gives somewhere to start my search from.
  • Options
    roger460xvrroger460xvr Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go to www.midwayusa.com they have the peltor 6s on sale this month for 64.99 cant beat this deal. I use mine when i,m shooting my 7mag or 460xvr they really work good. ROGER
  • Options
    OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by B17-P51
    Peltor tach 6. Come in behind the head and over the top. Highly recommend. About 70.00.

I had a pair of those, I volunteered to help the range master for last sighting days. (a fund raiser that my gun club does 3 days before every rifle season starts) and one of the out of state guys there to sight in decided he wanted them more than I did. [:(]

fortunatly someone had left a pair of PRO EARS behind after 1st season sight in, and after a month of them hanging in the storage room he gave them to me. they are much better than the peltor 6's