anyone try one of these RCBS attachments?

RCBStrickler.jpg

thinking of getting an RCBS Uniflow and thought this looked like a good idea. It is their new trickler/stand that attaches to the uniflow.

Comments

• Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,815
    edited November -1
    I like my trickler to be near my scale, I like my powder measure to be accesable to a loading block. IOW I weigh my "good loads" but simply "drop" my plinking stuff.

That looks like it could get in the way to me.
  • dclocodcloco Member Posts: 2,967
    edited November -1
    goldeneagle76 - I have yet to see one in person...but ordered one from midwayusa last night...they are on sale.
  • goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcloco
    goldeneagle76 - I have yet to see one in person...but ordered one from midwayusa last night...they are on sale.

I put it on my Christmas list for the wife to get...I saw it on the RCBS website and thought it was a good idea. Also saw the sale at Midway. If you could, when you get it and try it, let me know how yo ulike it.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Tailgunner1954
    I like my trickler to be near my scale, I like my powder measure to be accesable to a loading block. IOW I weigh my "good loads" but simply "drop" my plinking stuff.

That looks like it could get in the way to me.

I would only be using it for my "good" or hunting loads. My Lee Auto disk handles the plinker stuff just fine but no where near good enough for precise measuring.
    edited November -1
    is that stand metal or plastic, cannot tell from the pic. Although, being RCBS my guess would be metal.
  • JustCJustC Member, Moderator Posts: 16,035 ******
    edited November -1
    give it a go,..look interesting although I find a simple drop tube works well enough for me. I throw very little, but will be using mine more in the future with ball powders and plinking guns. Anything for accuracy work gets trickled onto a digital scale.

anyway, if it doesn't work to your expectations, flip it. They can't be too expensive,..and in the handloading game,...I have spent tons to find out a don't like some thing. That's the nature of the beast.[;)]