In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

FREE....Gibbs loading data!

SKYDIVER386SKYDIVER386 Member Posts: 340 ✭✭✭
I just made up copies of all Rocky Gibbs load data and all the history of the individual cartridges in the Gibbs line. Free to anybody that has one of REAL NEED OF IT! This is everything I have been able to gather on Rockys rifles and his life.

I ask for nothing in return, except a little information if you have it. I need any information on Newton cartriges and rifles because I just snagged a beautiful .256 Newton rifle. Not another made in the caliber, but a real Newton rifle with the interrupted thread locking lug action and a stock with figure that would make a trap gun blush. I'll help you get yours shootin if you help me get mine shootin.[;)]

Comments

• Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Skydiver,

Congratulations on your acquisition! I had something similar a few years ago, a Buffalo Newton.

The information that you want is going to be on the way via e-mail in a bit. I have to find some notes.

Best.
  • Options
    babbagebabbage Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi,

I don't have any information on your Newton except to suggest the likly sources: Cartridges of the World and Waters cartridge book. These are pretty common, so I guess you have access to them. If not, please let me know and I'll see what I can do to help further.

I have an interest in front ignition and cannot find the Roger Stowers book on Gibbs and his cartridge work. Does your Gibbs data include his front ignition experiments?

Thank you.
  • Options
    SKYDIVER386SKYDIVER386 Member Posts: 340 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Almost the entire second half of the Stowers book was written by Rocky Gibbs and deals with front ignition loading (part II, chapters 1-9). Case prep, pressures, tube length, etc. are all discussed at great length by Rocky. Even his design for tools to modify cases for front ignition loading.