In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

RCBS 2000

NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
Does anyone else own one of these? I am wondering what you use to store your set dies that are in the die plate in. I have not seen anything from RCBS for them.

Just remember there are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking questions.

John

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I have one, but I change out my dies...so they are stored in their boxes. Interesting question though...

Eric
    allamericanarmsco@frontiernet.net

All American Arms Company

www.galleryofguns.com
    VIP Code: AAAC

Veteran Owned and Operated
  • Options
    NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    Well ECC dosent that kinda defeet (sp) the point of haveing the removable block. I love it for my pistol dies, I can run short batches, change to something else and then drop the pistol plate back in and come out with the "same" ammo and no adjustments. It is great, storage is the problem. We have a local "everything" shop that has UNBEATABLE prices on reloading stuff so the die plates were pretty cheep.

Just remember there are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking questions.

John
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nwcid,

I use generic forms of 'tupperware' containers that I get inexpensively at the dollar store. Snap off the lid, put the die plate in and snap the lid back on. This works the best to keep the dust and airborn dirt off of the dies. If you're in a humid environment, get some dessicant packets and put a couple in with the dies.

I tried using an aluminum stud that I made, screwed into the bench to support the die plate and then putting a cover over each plate but the containers work better. Lots of room to label what's in the container. They stack nicely and help keep the bench orderly... well sort of. Stuff seems to grow on my benches!

Best.

Best.