In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

corn husk

gunzforevergunzforever Member Posts: 619 ✭✭✭
how do you know when to replace the corn husk in your tumbler

Comments

• haroldchrismeyerharoldchrismeyer Member Posts: 2,213
    edited November -1
    If you have corn husk you need to replace it with corn cob. I usually replace mine when it doesn't clean anymore, or when the color is so bad that it can't be doing any good.
  • PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    If you want something that is cheap and works as well or better try rice. I learned of this on GB a couple of years ago and it is all I use anymore. It cleans and polishes.
  • PSFD DONKEYPSFD DONKEY Member Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I also learned about rice on GB and that's all I've used for the past year or so, for as cheap as rice is you can change it quite often.

"IF THE AMERICAN FIREARMS INDUSTRY IS SUED INTO BANKRUPTCY, WHO WILL SUPPLY OUR SOLDIERS."- NRA VICTORY FUND
  • GaBobGaBob Member Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Using corn cob media, I add Brasso polish to old media when it stops cleaning. Let Brasso dry thoughly before using tho.

Keep Your Powder Dry
    NRA Life Member
    The only criminal class that is native to the United States is congress.
    MARK TWAIN
  • GUNFUNCOGUNFUNCO Member Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What do you use on the rice to polish with? Will soy sauce work?[:D] Does it take any longer to cook with all the lead residue or does it sputter and pop from the steam when you boil it?[xx(]
  • bigdog1bigdog1 Member Posts: 193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    anybody use ceramic media???