In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Pet loads for a 25/06

use enough gunuse enough gun Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
I recently was given a Browning A-bolt Stalker in 25/06. I thought it might make a good varmint rifle for fox and coyote. Any of you guys have a nice pet tackdriver load for 25/06? Dave

05308_04.jpg

Comments

• Options
    boltactionboltaction Member Posts: 505 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use 53gr of IMR 4350/ 90 nolser Balistic tip.Shooting a Rem 700. heavy Bbl.Get one hole groups or real close to that
  • Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    52.8 grains of H-4350, and a 100 grain ballistic tip, and a F210 primer
    usually works very well.

Gun control is hitting what your aiming at.
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used to shoot with a friend who loaded 45 grs. of H4895 behind an 87 gr. Sierra spitzer. We never gauged the velocity but we figured it was going about 200 fps faster than my .257 Rbrts. It had a 1-12" twist though which is nicer for light fast bullets.
    On a different note I am reloading Berger 115 VLD's in my 25 WSSM. those would be an excellent varmint round for long range in your rifle if you have a 1-10" twist. I suggest starting with 39grs. of VV N150 or 41grs. of VV N160. behind them. You could work up from there. Remember with the Bergers that they like being seated all the way out to the lands. Remember to work up with the 4895 also. 4895 goes up good, good...then way too hot. -Good luck

We have the second amendment so that all the rest are secure....UNK>
  • Options
    The Load RoomThe Load Room Member Posts: 501 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by boltaction
    I use 53gr of IMR 4350/ 90 nolser Balistic tip.Shooting a Rem 700. heavy Bbl.Get one hole groups or real close to that

Same gun one grain more of same powder 100g NBT get 3400 fps TACK DRIVER!