In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Igman, FNM, S&B OK to reload ?

Joe DreesJoe Drees Member Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

I picked up a set of dies and am going to handload for my Swedish Mausers. I have once fired brass from Igman, FNM, and S&B. Anyone have any problems using this brass ? TIA......Joe

Comments

• Options
    PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I have used the FNM brass in 7.5 x 54 French to reload. It worked ok.
  • Options
    richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    The igman has small flash holes, and will break the decapping pin and bend the spindle on RCBS dies. don't ask how I know. The S&B is fine, but may have britle necks, watch them for cracks. FNM all depends on who made it and when, some has small flash holes too.

I am using the igman currently, but decapped it with a Lee die and applied some case lube to the pin to keep it from sticking in the hole.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Too late. Broke mine too......
  • Options
    richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    Ask for advise, then rush off to the reloading room, sounds like something I would do.

The igman brass isn't too bad, but the flash holes are a touch too small for my liking. I took a drill and reamed mine out a couple .001"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well I was just going to decap them. Had a mix of all three and did four of them before I tried an Igman. I was more worried about how the brass would hold up to repeated reloadings. That's my story and I'm sticking to it !

joe