In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Who Wants To Moderate This Forum?

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,008 ******
Someone asked a while back, but I forget who. Sorry.[:(]

I think the moderator of the sport shooting and reloading forum should actually be an avid reloader and shooter.

He/she should be knowledgeable enough that if someone posted a favorite handload that was unsafe or could generate dangerous pressure, he/she would recognize the fact and take it off.

He/she should also have enough free time to check in on the forum at least once a day, preferably more. More frequent short visits are probably better than infrequent long visits.

Any volunteers?

One caveat: If more than one person volunteers, and only one moderator is appointed, someone is liable to have hurt feelings. It's inevitable, so prepare for it now.

Thanks.

FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email gpd035@sbcglobal.net

Comments

• Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I nominate richbug.

24.gif
  • Options
    richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    My wife would kill me. What she doesn't know can't hurt me right? I hate people as a rule, what are a few hurt feelings among enemies?

• Options
    shootlowshootlow Member Posts: 5,425
    edited November -1
    I nominate richbug.
    2nd the richbug

DVC

"Go over,go under,go around,or go through.But never give up. "texasflag-thumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    chunkstylechunkstyle Member Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can do it. I have the time, and at least enough knowledge to know when something is WAY out there.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    ~Sinclair Lewis, It Can't Happen Here

"Our enemies...never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
    ~President George W. Bush
  • Options
    chunkstylechunkstyle Member Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess I should caveat: I'm pretty knowledgeable on handgun rounds, somewhat knowledgeable on rifle rounds. Shotgun reloading, however, is something I have little experience with.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    ~Sinclair Lewis, It Can't Happen Here

"Our enemies...never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
    ~President George W. Bush
  • Options
    eastwood44mageastwood44mag Member Posts: 2,655 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess this is my offer to do it.

I mostly reload shotgun, and some handgun, albeit no rifle at the moment. Now that my computer is no longer posessed by spyware, I can finally check the boards.[:D]

O Lord,
    grant me the Serenity
    to accept the things
    I cannot change
    the courage to change the things I can,
    and the supreme firepower to make the difference.
  • Options
    the loveable rat...the loveable rat... Member Posts: 969 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nononsense or justc...
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I nominate JustC and nononsense.

I an willing to moderate it, but there are some folks who are more knowledgeable than I on the subject.

Eric
    allamericanarmsco@frontiernet.net

All American Arms Company

www.galleryofguns.com
    VIP Code: AAAC

Veteran Owned and Operated
  • Options
    bperdue21bperdue21 Member Posts: 1,457 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i also nominate justc and nononsense

I'm not an expert, but i did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.
  • Options
    richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    Justc and Nononsense have a wealth of knowledge, and are the best choices that I am aware of on the boards. JustC having huge rifle loading knowledge, and nononsense knowing something about everything.

I simply don't have the time to do it, and must bow out of consideration. If it was weekdays, I could handle it easily, but I am busy shooting every weekend with cowboy, IPSC, bullseye, and action rifle. Also I am going to be running a new 100 round action pistol match a couple times a month starting next year.

I don't think this should be about who knows the most, but who is level headed, and can spot a problem when they see it.

• Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,008 ******
    edited November -1
    Are JustC and nononsense willing?

FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email gpd035@sbcglobal.net
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    David I replied on the gen disc. forum,..but a long winded "yes" is what it turns out to be. maybe we should ask nononsense as well as he has the reamer dimensions and tons of other hard data that often make his response very understandable to even the casual reloader.

I half decent with the rifles,..but some pistol and shotgun help wouldn't hurt. I doub't I'll ever claim to be an expert, as soon as I do, I'll blow one up[B)][;)] You just can't ever absorb the amount of data for the number of calibers/bores/twists/bullets/burn rates/primers/cases/chambers etc.

I would suggest maybe a group effort to post a sticky which will be a crash course in the safety rules of loading.

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?
  • Options
    PinheadPinhead Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nononesense and JustC would be my picks also. There are a few people out there who have the knowledge but time and temperment are another thing. My vote anyway.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you Nunn for the opertunity and congratulations to you justc

reloaderror.jpg
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    David,

I'm always willing to help here at GB no matter what my status is. Let me know what you want me to do.

Best.

rifleman.gif
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats guys![:D]

sniper.gif
    NRA Life Endowment Member

Soquel.gif
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you too 1911a1fan.

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?
  • Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    Congrats to both of you on the new position. This forum is in very good hands and will be a great help to many.

Man's last hope... The Star Wars Kid.. Jedi Master!

star_wars_kid.gif