In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

NoNonsense

bperdue21bperdue21 Member Posts: 1,457 ✭✭
Well here goes, i couldn't help but see that nononsense is not one of the moderators. of all people here on gunbroker, nononsense and justc have been some of the most complete and knowledgeable "gun people" i have found. this is not meant to be a slight at all to 1911a1 fan, but i don't know that he was the best selection for co-moderator of this forum. of the 3 people i saw listed by others, Richbug, JustC, and Nononsense, 1911A1fan was not one. two others nominated themselves, as i read it, but other than that, I saw noone nominate anyone but these 3. richbug turned it down. JustC accepted and Nononsense asked what was wanted of him. i understand a bow-out, but never got that publicly from nononsense. then again, i never saw a public nomination of 1911a1fan. if nononsense declined the position, i can see that, but the selection of 1911a1fan above him is above me. i checked back through the 72 open posts on the forum and noticed that justc and nononsense had a huge amount of posts back to a very seldom 1911a1fan post. i just figured on some kind of democracy here and a vote on who would be moderator(s) rather than an arbitrary selection of a reloader of a wealth of knowledge and a reloader who seldom posts in the reloading forum. i feel like i am going to get blasted back at, but i can take it. i just feel like there were other people who SHOW more knowledge on the subject than 1911A1fan. just my opinion, and i hope the topic isn't locked before i can see some replies to it.

I'm not an expert, but i did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Comments

• bperdue21bperdue21 Member Posts: 1,457 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I went to huntinghut.com as you suggested, and downloaded the Pointblank program.

The problem here is that Windows can't open the trajectory.tbl file (which is the one I need to answer my questions).
    Interesting, but I can open all the other Pointblank files. Just my luck.

Did you encounter the same problem when using the software?
    Which program did you tell Windows to use to open the trajectory file?

Sorry to be such a bother

Jack
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The original question by nunn was "who would like to moderate this forum", he did not ask for a nomination, he did not ask anyone's opinion, he did not ask for a resume, it was an open and simple question, and I was the only one to accept the position at the time

In my personal life I would not typically explain or attempt to explain in response to this thread, but since I know the members here I will attempt it

quote:I think the moderator of the sport shooting and reloading forum should actually be an avid reloader and shooter.

Reloading: i average reloading consist of approximately 20,000-25,000 hand loads per year

Shooting: shot everyone of them i loaded, this year I have won three state tittles, and the Midwest regional title

quote:He/she should be knowledgeable enough that if someone posted a favorite handload that was unsafe or could generate dangerous pressure, he/she would recognize the fact and take it off.

No one, absolutely no one could possible remember each and every powder/load/charge for each and every caliber and weight, I myself as well as other rely on loading book data, I myself have a great interest in handgun reloading, others may have equal interest and expertise in different rifle calibers, not one person has totally answered every question posted in this forum

quote:He/she should also have enough free time to check in on the forum at least once a day, preferably more. More frequent short visits are probably better than infrequent long visits.

Got that covered, I darn near live here, up until now not always in this particular forum

quote:Any volunteers?
    as of Friday twelve noon, I was the only person responded to the request

and I also have been a moderator And administrator on other sights for four years total, moderating a forum is not necessarily being a know it all, capt. Kirk does not answer every question posted on ask the experts, and even though his presents is hardly even noticed, we all know he is running a tight ship

quote:One caveat: If more than one person volunteers, and only one moderator is appointed, someone is liable to have hurt feelings. It's inevitable, so prepare for it now.

This was the one criteria not meet until this thread was posted

As I stated above being a moderator is not a position necessarily for a know it all {generally speaking, no one in mind}, I would rather have a person working a job with less experience who WANTS to do the job, than having a overqualified person who does NOT WANT to do the job

reloaderror.jpg
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bart,

Your thoughts are very flattering to say the least. Thank you.

My post under the 'who wants to be...' was meant to indicate that if I can help I will and that's as simply as I can put it. I don't need to be a moderator, I'm available most days or nights here and I check this site from the shop throughout the day. My e-mail contact is in my profile for anyone to use. Running two businesses keeps me pretty busy but there is down time during machine runs when I post or read. No biggie.

Your concern is appreciated but this will work out fine. JustC and 1911a1fan will take good care of this forum, I'm sure.

Best.

rifleman.gif
  • richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    I only bowed out because I am afraid it would cut into my shooting time. I just got in from a match where I consumed 400 rounds of 44 mag ammo. I am tired. Another match tomorrow probably 200 rifle rounds. I shoot as much as 1911 plus or minus a little, and I was afraid i couldn't give 100%. I am still glad to help anyone I can.

1911fan knows his stuff.