In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Dillon 550B

MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
What would be a fair top end price for a Dillon 550 with everything except the dies.
I have been eyeballing this one.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=38822541

ALL AMERICAN INFIDEL

Comments

• Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    that one starts at 300.00, you can get one from dillon for 350.00

http://dillonprecision.com/template/p.cfm?maj=12&dyn=1&

reloaderror.jpg
  • Options
    dg101windg101win Member Posts: 751 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A brand new one from Dillon is $350+$20 shipping. Dies are extra. If you could get it for $300 it would be good.
    Dillons dies run $55,if you already have a set of dies that is good.
    I started out using RCBS dies on my 550 in several calibers,have since upgraded to the Dillons.
    Either way you go to get a Dillon you will be happy with it.

Retired Air Force Msgt--NRA Life Member since 1971
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You right I was thinking of the conversion {duh}, I just purchased my second one so I do not have to mess with my .45 acp set up, and they didn't have the dies I wanted in stock {walk in at grafs}

reloaderror.jpg
  • Options
    brokencowboybrokencowboy Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've found Hornady dies to work very ell oin the 550. I tried to to use my Lee's, but they were too short to go through the tool head and still get the job done. I bouhgt a set of Dillon dies, then a friend who also owns a 550 recommended Hornady to me. Got a set for my .45 acp and then converted the rest to Hornady.

Nate
  • Options
    ThrockmortonThrockmorton Member Posts: 814 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just be aware that the one pictured in the dillon ad is shown w/optional accesories that are not included in the 350.00 price.
    the strong mounts are an unnecessary item if your bench is tall and sturdy.The roller handle is ok,but not totally necessary either,IMHO.
    I see no bids yet,and it's almost over so I'm thinking most folks thing it's too near new price.
    Ignore the round count on progressives,you'll get hurt,one way or another,trying to push the envelope on speed.again,IMHO.

Throckmorton SASS #23149
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think that one is a good enough deal. check ebay, you'll get more for your money. Or wait, I am always watching dillon equipment on here and there are better deals to be had. Either here or ebay. I prefer here.

R/

Dave
    th_bigclay.bmp
    People everywhere confuse what they read in newspapers with news.

-- A. J. Liebling