In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

7.62x51 NATO recommendations?

RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
Anybody have any recommendations for mil-surp 7.62 NATO ammo (good-shooting, clean, cheap, etc)? South African, Australian, or ??

My mission is to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.
If multiculturalism is the answer, it must have been one hell of a stupid question.

Comments

• Options
    richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    good luck finding the aussie at any reasonable price. SA is good so is port.

• Options
    roysclockgunroysclockgun Member Posts: 310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some reported problems with the Korean milsurp 7.62x51NATO ammo. I have had no problems with that ammo. Bought two .50cal cans full of the stuff. It is very clean and packed in glassine envelopes. Headspace date is 1992, which is not the batch in which problems were reported. I have fired it as it comes and by pulling some bullets to get the OAL that I want, which does improve groups. This ammo is good enough to consistantly bust clay pigeons on the berm at 200 yards.

roysclockgun
  • Options
    ItGoBangItGoBang Member Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have had very good luck with the SA ammo... But only buy it in the battle pks! [:)]

It will hurt you, More than it will hurt me..

Life Member..NRA,
    American Legion, MECU, MWCA, SMSC, NASDS, IDPA
    Thanks for all the help!

IN GOD WE TRUST! *And don't use Pay Pal!
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    Thanks, I was hoping I'd get that report, as I've bid on a 140-round battle pack of the SA stuff, over at the auction zone. It's a pretty good price, IMO.[:D]

My mission is to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.
    If multiculturalism is the answer, it must have been one hell of a stupid question.
  • Options
    je2140je2140 Member Posts: 225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've had good luck with the South African in HK91, FAL, M1A and Browning semi auto. Primers appear to be too hard for Remington 7400

JR
    The truth is that all good modern rifles are efficient weapons; it is the man behind the gun that makes the difference

Theodore Roosevelt