In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Reloading

I came into possession of a Pacific DL 150 reloader, but it came with no manual, so I have no Idea what order the shot shell must go thru in order to be reloaded, can someone with the same model or the knowledge help me.
Thanks

Comments

• 66mustangman66mustangman Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    loading data for .308 caliber ftx bullets
    edited November -1
    Just got some 125 gr slugs for a 30-30 post 1964 Winchester. My data is for 110 or 150 gr loads. I use IMR 4064 powder. Does anyone have data for this type of workup? I bought these when it was impossible to get any type of components. Thanx Obama!
    Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!
    Llama girl
    edited November -1
    ok i have read threw the two pages here, didnt find what im looking for, if i go an buy a lee turrent kit, what else would i need beside the dies/powder/tumbler. to get this into operation. from watching the guys on you tube they dont use the little primer cleaner tool, unless they did that before making the videos. also i would buy a digitl scale for powder weigh ups. now i have searched,maybe not under the right keywords, but i have looked for the answers.
    edited November -1
    I have a 40-63 ballard What's best, Black powder or pyrodex?
    edited November -1
    I am thinking of starting to reload my ammo and I'm wondering what is the best set for the least amount of money.
    edited November -1
    Hello Everyone, I'm Joe. It has been 15 minutes since the last time I reloaded. I have been addicted for 3 years now. When I reload, time stands still. On my days off, I reload. I am obsessed with accuracy and getting that sub MOA at 200 yards for my simple hunting rifle. When I go to bed at night, I think on how to make my bench rest more sturdy and strap my gun in so when I do my ladder at 200 yards, human error is taken out of the equation.

Someone once told me that I might not be the only one.That there are more out there.

My name is Joe and I am addicted to reloading.

[:D]
    edited November -1
    Would like to know if someone could help with question I have. Thinking about a hornady lock n load ap wondering if I can use the dies I already have or do I have to use hornady dies.THX Ron
    edited November -1
    I think I have made the decision to get on the reloading band wagon. I'm looking for someone in the nor cal---east of Sacramento area as a tutor. From walking me through the purchase of a dependable set up to educating me on the first run. I have lots of brass--38, 9mm 40, 45, 44, 223 243 308 and soon--44.40. I'm a tactile learner so hands on with a mentor is far more effective to me as opposed to just buying equipment and reading a book. Plus---meeting new people.

Thanks in advance
    Bret
    edited November -1
    Tell me about reloading. What do I need to have? Would this cover all of the tools I need? http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item.asp?sku=00005085003
    All I want to reload right now is 40cal and 30-06. How much money can a person save by reloading? How many times can the brass cases be used?
    I'm sure I will think of more questions later.
    edited November -1
    I want to get into reloading what is the best press to go with. I have heard alot of good about a dillon press??? are they worth the $$$. if so what model
    edited November -1
    hello all im thinking about getting into relaoding and i have a few questions
    i want to reload rifle and pistol do i have to get differnt presses or just die?
    and i alos want to load muliple shotgun gauges do i have to get differnt presses or can i get conversions
    and what are the best ones for beginners
    thanks in advance for your time and expertice
    edited November -1
    I shoot a Marlin guide gun for hunting in 45/70. With the introduction of the 450 with the new pointed ballistic tip bullets, I would like to know if I can use these bullets in my 45/70 reloads.
    edited November -1
    I am in the process of looking for equipment. I want something that I can reload my rifles as well as my 9mm. Is there one that is better than the other? Any help would be appreciated.
    Ike
    edited November -1
    I am looking for some help trying to find some lead bb size shot any help would be appreciated
  • knucklehead14knucklehead14 Member Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I`m gonna catch a lot of flack over this probably but, There isn`t too much importance concerning brands, The type of press and equiptment is of more importance. I don`t reload rifle ammo so I can`t give any help on what type of press to buy. I reload handgun ammo only, I have a turrett press. My press might be just fine for rifle and handgun both but I don`t know. I prefer Lyman equiptment. The brand argument can go on and on as long as this post survives. My point is as I said at first, Type of equiptment will be more important than brand. There will be people here shortly that will add a wealth of info to you, I`m sure. Good Luck.

Bad spellers of the world

"UNTIE!"
  • dclocodcloco Member Posts: 2,967
    edited November -1
    knucklehead - I agree with you about the argument of what color the press is (in other words...what brand)....but I do have this to say.

The quality of equipment made now, is not nearly as good as it used to be...in all of the top brands.

I have an older RCBS Rockchucker...that is TEN times the press that the new Rockchucker Supreme is. Set them side by side...anybody would pick the older press.

66mustangman - buy a single stage press to begin with...then work your way to a turret or multistage press. Walk before you learn how to run...make your mistakes on a small quantity of reloads.
  • leadburnerleadburner Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I also load on a turret press,(have single stage press also for special projects).You can load any thing on a turret,plenty of room for rifle cases,a little added speed for pistol reloading.For straight wall(pistol)cases,make sure to get carbide dies.Also get two or three loading manuals and READ THEM.Then set up your bench or loading station and have fun!
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I recommend a RCBS Rock Chucker. There is a tremendous difference in quality between brands. RCBS makes some of the best equipment out there. If you want something that is going to last you a lifetime, go with the RCBS. After you have the basics down, then you may want to look at a progressive press for your handgun ammo. I have the RCBS Pro-2000 (I think). It's a great progressive press. I second the post about getting several manuals and reading them through. hope this helps.

Eric
    allamericanarmsco@frontiernet.net

All American Arms Company

www.galleryofguns.com
    VIP Code: AAAC

Veteran Owned and Operated
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    for beginning, I would lean on the RCBS Rockchucker or the redding pressess and Redding or rcbs dies. Read a few manuals first to get acclimated to the proceedure, and if possible, have a friend who is experienced walk you through setting up your equipment and loading some of your first rounds.

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?