In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Where is the NRA /SCI /NSCA anyone ?

JagsportJagsport Member Posts: 70 ✭✭
I am absolutely trying to understand why the shooters (us) cannot get some response from the ammunition manufacturing companies on how a box of 12 gauge ammo can go from $4.00 - $5.00 4 months ago to $8.00 - $9.00 now , for sporting clays or skeet/trap ammo. Nothing in this world has doubled in price in less than 12 months. I know mfg costs rise, I am in a manufacturing business but this is just plan robbery and I do not how to start a grass root compliant to Winchester or Remington. I agree that rising costs need to passed on but in this case I say buy their stock becuase ther profit margins are much larger than the increased cost to manufacture. This is gouging and yes I reload and have seen lead go up but I no that 25 (1) ounce loads in new ammo does not double the cost of the load.
We are being gouged ......and the shooting world is quite ??

Comments

• Options
    scrubberguyscrubberguy Member Posts: 219 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jagsport:
    I work in an industry that uses an incredible amount of deep cycle batteries. As such I'm aware that lead, such as in lead shot, has increased in price 260% in the last 10 months!

This is why shot shells, baged shot and anything else with lead in it has reason in price.

All metals are increasing in price as the market demands. So is paper and cardboard. Check how much that has jumped at the local recyclers.

The demand is coming from overseas, China, and we are shipping resouces to a country that does not have our best interests at heart.

It is going to get worse! Anybody got a good idea how to stop it?[8D]
  • Options
    blackhawk45blackhawk45 Member Posts: 481 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nuke China! lol
  • Options
    JagsportJagsport Member Posts: 70 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks - I am sure your data in correct - but lead in not the only component in that load, I have seen lead almost double so I cannot argue with that part ..I appreciate your objevtive feedback
  • Options
    SCorversSCorvers Member Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Uh, fuel cost. It takes heat to melt lead, smelt copper, and produse powder. Earl is at close to $100 dollars a bbl. You have to ship all kinds of components from all corners then back out. Trucks run on fuel. Diesel is going for close to $3.50 here. Prices of raw materiels have SKYROCKETED. Gangs are strippin' empty / abandoned houses of aluminum siding, wire, plumbing, and anything that can be sold at the scrap yard no questions asked.
    Get ready, it's all going up again after Jan. 1st. It's getting so bad I actually bought shootgun shells from Academy and Cabelas. My rifle / pistol stash should carry me for the next few years.
    It's been going on for 3 years that I know. Where have you been at?