In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

264 Mag. Barnes TripleShock

Hi.

I would appreciate any info someone has on reloading data for the .264 Magnum. Using 120 grain Barnes TripleShock bullets.

I have looked all over and cannot seem to find any data on them and was wondering if anyone has had experiance with it, or knew where I possibly could find info.

I have a account on the auction section of the site and read the forums for quite awhile but never posted before [;)]

Thanks for the information!

Comments

• Options
    B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Use the same data that you use for the X bullet. You will find that your maximum loads are above the listed maximun due to less bearing surface in the bore = less friction = less opressure = higher velocity. Usually 1 to 2 grains higher. As you approach the listed max., go in 1/2 gr. increments and look for the usual pressure signs. My 300 WSM loads are 3 grains above the max listed for the X bullet and are just fine. Velocity is the same as 300 Win. Mag. You need not crimp into or seat to any of the grooves in the bullet.
  • Options
    Stout ShootingStout Shooting Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey thanks I appreciate it. I thought that was possibly the best idea, but wasn't sure about it [;)]
  • Options
    mbsamsmbsams Member Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1