In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

M1A lubricant

el5boysel5boys Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
Does anybody have a good grease that they use to lubricate M1A's?

Comments

• Options
    codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    MiliTech works great for me. Before that-military grease. Depending on use and conditions, most anything would likely work. Start getting extreme with conditions (extreme cold especially) and you need more special stuff.
  • Options
    scrubberguyscrubberguy Member Posts: 219 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    el5boys:
    After years of searching and trying different lubes I found: Magnalube-G. This is a teflon based all purpose grease. I've tried things like LSA and triflon and, while they do work, they run out of the gun as fast as the bullets!

Magnalube-G stays in and works for a long time. The biggest plus is it's operating range:530F to -40F! Don't plan on doing any shooting at either end of this range but this stuff really hangs in there and gets the job done!

Company that make it is Saunders Ent. in New York number on the label is: 718-729-1000 no web address. Suggest you call them and see if someone local to you handles this product.[8D]
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Trouble with Militec is that you have to put it on and then shoot the gun to warm it up and "cook" it into the metal. Don't know about you, but the last thing I wanna do after disassembling and sanitizing my guns is to smear goo all over them, reassemble, and go shooting!
    Unless it's SUNNY![:D]
  • Options
    redhead71redhead71 Member Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    rig gun greese mixed with hoppes #9 teflon powder works very well in -30 degree weather and up to 120 degree weather.
  • Options
    iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    I use nuke grade (has contaminants listed down to parts per million) Fel Pro Copper Graphite AntiSeize lube on my FAL (and everything else). Good stuff - very much like the copper grease that Glocks ship with.

I'm sure the Autozone Grade stuff works the same...
  • Options
    rovernutrovernut Member Posts: 256 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got a coffee can size of lubre plate at a gun show some years back. it has many hundred little pots of lubre plate in it, and works just like they showed me back in the '60s at MCRD. get some lubre plate and you're all set..[|)]
  • Options
    bangbangusabangbangusa Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lubri-plate produced by Addressagraph-Multigraph was, is and will always be the only grease on my guns. It has stood the test of time.