In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Cracked Corn

RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
How well does Cracked Corn from a Pet Store work on Pistol Brass?
spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.

Comments

• B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dont know, try it and see.It seems like a viable media. Cheap dry rice works really good. If it works, let us know and we can get some. A feed store would be much cheaper though. 100 lbs. $9.00. (50 lbs. $4.50) I assume that you mean for tumbling?
  • dclocodcloco Member Posts: 2,967
    edited November -1
    Perfect. Same thing as corn cob media.
  • mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    If I started to feed the birds around here corn cobs instead of corn I'm sure they would go on strike. There really, really is a difference between the to..........
  • dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    The problem may be getting it fine enough. Most stuff I've seen is course. Not large enough to keep from getting inside a 22 caliber case but large enough to be dificult to get out. If the place handles cracked corn it most likely has or can get corn cob or walnut (pet litter) of appropriate size.
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You're going to end up with a lot of dust as the corn disintegrates.
  • 5mmgunguy5mmgunguy Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November -1
    RugerNiner I would recommend going with walnut shell or the rice. Rice works well and is cheaper but I have not convinced myself that it works as well as the walnut shell.