In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lead shot

JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,405 ✭✭✭✭
Where can we buy lead reasonable and how much are you paying in your area? Im talking about hard shot for reloading shotshells.

Comments

• Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think the bottom line is that you can't buy it cheap now. The best price I have been able to find is $39.99 the worst $50.00. This is locally because I couldn't afford the shipping even if I could find it elswhere.
  • Options
    ladamsladams Member Posts: 604 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Everywhere near me is 50.... except Gander Ripoff which is 75.
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    I'd usually rummage through the bins at the local trap club the last couple of years cause there always seemed to be a few shooter who shot STS or WW's and didn't reload. I'd usually have to dig through quite a few worn out hulls to find the once fired ones. This year there was hardly a STS or WW hull on the range. About 90% of the hulls were estate which I believe were cheaper than what the guys could reload for. What I'm hearing is that membership in the club is suffering due to increased costs. A lot of guys who could afford to shoot because they could reload now can't afford it anymore. Since club shooters are probably the majority users of lead shot and their demand is declining due to price I question if bulk lead shot will even be readily available to the public in a few more years. I wouldn't doubt if the bags are dowsized from 25 to 10 to make it appear to be more affordable.
  • Options
    OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    yup its a sad day when you cant afford to feed your shotguns. [V]

It has been almost a yr since I started picking up reclaimed shot from the drop zone. my club hasn't ever reclaimed the field and never will so i have picked up buckets of shot. It can be hell on your guns but it far better than not shooting at all IMO.

hit the tire shops in the area see if they will give you their weights or see if you can buy them for 10-15cents a pound get a maker and make all the shot you want.