In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Alliant vs Hercules

I have some Herc 2400 and Herc Blue Dot. I also have the loading data for these when Herc was making the powder. My question is...... Can I use the same Data for the Alliant version of 2400 or Blue Dot. [?]

I had a great load for my 45 ACP using Herc Unique.[:D] I'm out and had to buy Alliant Unique.[V] Would my Herc load be the same? I was using 6.1 grs Herc Unique, RP lrg pistol primer and 230 gr. LRN. I asked Alliant about this long ago but never received an answer.[:(]

Any help would be appreciated. [8D] Thanks for your time!

Comments

• Options
    scrubberguyscrubberguy Member Posts: 219 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's the same powder! The company was purchased and the corperate name changed thats all.[8D]
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    whats the new name for 2400? or whats it the same as?
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bobski
    whats the new name for 2400? or whats it the same as?

A 2400
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your load is just 1/10th grain above my favorite load for a 230 LRN and Unique powder in a .45ACP. I have gone as high as 6.5 but 6.0 is what I felt did the job best. The corporate parents have changed but the powder is the same. Long live UNIQUE POWDER!
  • Options
    Jim the PA HunterJim the PA Hunter Member Posts: 87 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys for the info...... [:D]
    bpost1958 - Originally my 45acp was a build using all military parts except the frame which is essex. I've added an adjustable trigger, ext. slide release, and a new lapped on barrel bushing. The barrel is military but we turned it on a lathe for a funnel effect to the bushing. I fired my test loads (7 shot groups) using 5.5 ; 6.0 ; 6.5 grs Herc Unique and a 230gr. LRN that I cast myself using a Lee mold and Lee bullet sizer. Tumble lubed. How I got to 6.1 grs is due to a mistake I made when loading the test rounds. I rechecked my scale for balance and found that I was off 1/10th grain.[:I] So, I compensated by loading my accuracy rounds at 6.1 grs instead of 6.0 grs. Here are the results: 4523061.jpg

I was on that day![^][^]