In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Herters Professional C press???

I got one very cheap the other day. It looks like you would screw the shell holder into the ram. That peice is missing. At the end of the ram there are just threads, no shell holder of any kind. Anyone know where to get the part I need?

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think RCBS sells a conversion to snap in style shell holders.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Herters had their own design for shell holders find some of theirs or buy an adapter like CharlieMeyers suggested.
  • Options
    awindsawinds Member Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This from the Handloaders Digest First Annual Edition, 1961........
    "Herter offers two styles of shell holders, both of the detachable head type. The threaded model fits their Model 9 tool; the slotted style fits their Models 3, 81, 234, 9A and 3A presses. All are priced at $0.93 each."
    Not sure, but I think the RCBS adapter is for the slotted style.
    I have Herter presses, model 3A and 9A, both accept the RCBS adapter for "slotted" shell holders.[V]
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    I do have one for 'mag.' cases if you need one.
  • Options
    goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MIKE WISKEY
    I do have one for 'mag.' cases if you need one.

I will be using this press for my bigger reloading needs like 50AE, 30-06, 308, etc. Would the shellholder yo uhave work?
    I have a turret press for all smaller handgun reloading.
  • Options
    peabopeabo Member Posts: 3,098
    edited November -1
    I had a bunch of Herters shell holders. They all had a hole through the center(like other shell holders) but some of the holes had threads. If I remember correctly, it was about 1/4 - 28 threads or close to it. I sold them all to ATF on this forum. Send him an e-mail through his profile and he will be able to at least tell you what you need.

Thanks---Peabo