In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

20% off reloading components at Gander Mountain

drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
I was in the Kenosha WI store yesterday and grabbed some large pistol primers. I think Lead shot was also marked down the same.

080218_21_v1_dskum.jpg

Go here to find a store near you:
http://gandermountain.shoplocal.com/gandermountain/default.aspx?action=storelocationzipentry&storeid=2401011&redirect=/gandermountain/default.aspx?action=browsestorelocation&storeid=2401011

Comments

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Generally speaking; I have found Ganders price to be retail plus and then some. Even at a 20 percent discount the prices are too high. A nice store for reloading is the Sportsman Den In Shelby OH they are good folks and the prices beat the snot out of Ganders prices all day evry day.
  • Options
    laogailaogai Member Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    agreed. i live in wichita KS, where we have gander mtn and sportmans warehouse. sportsman's warehouse regular prices are still cheaper than gander's 20% off! and more knowledgeable, helpful staff
  • Options
    non mortuusnon mortuus Member Posts: 649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here they used to sell stuff for shotshell shotshell reloading, but not any sort of reloading stuff now. (that or they moved it somewhere else and hid it really really good [xx(])
  • Options
    huntergarrethuntergarret Member Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just came from Gaunder and everything was 20% off...unfortunately, most original tags were 25% higher than Midway.
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    +many,

20% off 50% markup isn't really a deal. They had Nosler bullets in there for 30 and 35 bucks for a box of 50. Sierra's were 35 and up for any large caliber. The least expensive I could get was Hornady v-max's for $20. No sale![:(!][:(][:(!] Oh well, I came home and place an order with Wideners[:D][:D][:D]

I noticed they went off the deep end about two years ago when they went full MSRP + some for all their reloading components. It's cheaper for me to spend the money and drive 60 something miles (roundtrip) to the Gunstop than buy at Gander 5 mi. away.
  • Options
    SkeedaddySkeedaddy Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Generally speaking; I have found Ganders price to be retail plus and then some

You are right. Did you notice that the primers at GM went from an unadvertised price of $2.50 (+/-) per 100 (before the sale) to $3.50 (+/-) advertised for the sale. Then buy all can get hold of at 20% off. In north Texas you don't have to worry 'bout the price of primers at GM because they never have any!!!
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Skeedaddy
    quote:Generally speaking; I have found Ganders price to be retail plus and then some

You are right. Did you notice that the primers at GM went from an unadvertised price of $2.50 (+/-) per 100 (before the sale) to $3.50 (+/-) advertised for the sale. Then buy all can get hold of at 20% off. In north Texas you don't have to worry 'bout the price of primers at GM because they never have any!!!

That's another thing! Every time I go in there willing to pay for one box of something...through the nose... and I can't get it. Haven't been able to get it for two years. When I ask, I get the same answer...that corporate does all the ordering. Stores aren't allowed to say what they're out of. whatever![:(!] Just for spite I spent some more money at the Nosler store...for less than the sale price at GM of course.[:D][:D]
  • Options
    kc5gxckc5gxc Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was in the new GM in Hattiesburg, MS today. You guys are rite...the prices are higher on sale than the last gunshow I was at. By quite a bit!!! NO sale to me.
    Pete/MS
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    I still contend that Ganger Mt. screwed themselves when they sold out their mail order (to Cabela's). I used to do quite a bit of MO through Gander and they were competative back then.
  • Options
    adisonrainadisonrain Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I go in to the new one in St.Augustine Florida. We don't have any hunting stores to speak of but there prices are way high. Only thing I seem to buy is powder, otherwise I just look.