In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Favorite Hunting bullets for 300win

ContacFrontContacFront Member Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
I am planing on taking a piggy at some range this year with my 300Win.

What do you guys suggest?

Feel free to throw out some load data if you would like.

Comments

• Options
    temblortemblor Member Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are lots of quality bullets to choose from these days that will work well in 300Win. for hogs,etc., but one that has never let me down is the 180gr Nosler Partition. I've killed feral hogs in excess of 400lbs with good results ( and they work equally as well on deer and elk ). If you want a bullet that you can seat out of the short neck farther and not be too long for the magazine they also make the 180gr Partition Protected Point just for that purpose on 300Win. Not quite as high a B.C. but at normal hunting ranges it doesn't matter on trajectory. -- I usually load the regular Partition under a maximum charge of IMR4350 powder or a heavy charge of RL22 shoots good in most guns............good luck.........[8D]
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    180 accubond w/74gr RL22

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    Blue Mountain, Swift or possibly one of the newer look-alikes with bonded cores.
  • Options
    Idaho Elk HuntrIdaho Elk Huntr Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like a bullet that fully penetrates and I havent hads a bit of luck with the Interbond or Accubond. I have shot animals at 50 to 400 yards and have never got a shoot thru. Now everything thus far has dropped in their tracks with the Interbond but I like to see the bullet blow out the back side. This bullet was fire from a 300 Ultra mag @ 3350 fps 180 grain Interbond into a 250lb whitetail and it lodged between the off shoulder and skin. It lost about a 1/3 of its weight. I have found that the accubonds shed more weight than the Interbonds. From my experience so fat the Accubonds have lost 50-70% weight @100 yards or closer. I purchases about 10 boxes of Barnes TSX bullets to try in various calibers. If I dont like them I think I will go back to partitons.

bullet2.jpg

bullet.jpg
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    180 gr Nosler BT's...

Eric
    allamericanarmsco@frontiernet.net

All American Arms Company

www.galleryofguns.com
    VIP Code: AAAC

Veteran Owned and Operated
  • Options
    Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would 2nd the 180 gr accubond, very accurate long range bullet. You don't need to worry about blowing holes in the back side becuase all that is, is wasted energy and wasted meat. Plus its kinda neat to find the bullet after it's done it's job. Just my opinion.

"The man who can hunt with 1 gun is the most dangerous, but that doesn't mean you can't have a lot of guns"

http://www.geocities.com/jonnya0322/